ID4 Alien Attacker 1/72 - Lindberg

DanielB

Sr Member
This kit is decent, but not great. Mostly, the front nose mandible area is very inaccurate. To that end, I 3d modeled and printed some replacement "tusks" to accurzie the front side. I have also now completely painted the top of the hull. Here are some pics.

PjlHOiB.jpg

SUkZR6m.jpg

KnnBpXE.jpg

N4mAYcn.jpg
q3T1QNL.jpg

OBnUAA8.jpg

aFm0GIB.jpg

iF7MS0m.jpg

uH9JyFB.jpg

ai2HGsk.jpg

iurtXcm.jpg

d1J33dd.jpg

dW0nG2u.jpg

AucMHNE.jpg

NdkciKE.jpg

dhQO5bo.jpg

THuo9xJ.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

AND HERE IS THE FINAL PAINT JOB...

BoLDP9J.jpg

dvHGlVh.jpg

I9PRdma.jpg

7FcNYsL.jpg

hvlbkvP.jpg

sJ6XWUy.jpg

I have this kit sitting in my stash and I've been wondering what to do with it. This is both fantastic inspiration.... and a bit disappointing as I don't think I could make mine look this great.

2 questions:

1. Would you consider selling a kit of those 3D printed parts?
2. What are those airbrush texture stencils you used? Purchased or made?

I have this kit sitting in my stash and I've been wondering what to do with it. This is both fantastic inspiration.... and a bit disappointing as I don't think I could make mine look this great.

2 questions:

1. Would you consider selling a kit of those 3D printed parts?
2. What are those airbrush texture stencils you used? Purchased or made?

I plan to offer the 3D printed parts on Shapeways if anyone wants them. I have another set of parts for other parts of the model, and I want to make sure they fit before I offer them to others.

These are the airbrush texture stencils I used...

https://www.amazon.com/Artool-Freeh..._rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=RZMQ37CZDG7CCTMRCX93

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back