Deactivated Sterling Value

21EADF13-3CBC-48DB-9BC7-2910AD6C2558.jpeg

Haven't been able to find many parts kits, but when I do, they are about $300 or more. A replica made from a demiled kit would be about twice that, and a working semi auto conversion from a demiled kit I've seen go for $1000 or more.

My parts kit was $125 a couple years ago, of course, they were on sale, and it's one of those kits where you don't get much of the original shroud. :(

I've seen some kits go recently for around $250-$350.

For a non-functional rebuilt kit I'd say around $500-$750, but I'm sure there are folks who'd ask for $1k or more, because they're not terribly common.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

I got a demilled sterling that had already been rebuilt which had a real M38 scope on eBay a few years ago for $450. I got a real hengstler and some field Marshall cylinders and commissioned ‘crucible custom props’ to put it all together and Scott did a phenomenal job! In total I have $1130 in this now but absolutely worth it and I’m sure it would sell for more but it’ll be the last piece of my collection to sell if I ever have to. Nothing beats a real sterling e-11.

D1E86EE5-7399-4C25-8E9F-3980C28F3D2B.jpeg

It depends where you are.

In the US a deac Sterling is more or less some torchcut pieces, a batch of parts that need to be rebuild. In UK and Germany they are uncut, only small alterations like some holes drilled in the inner barrel, welded barrel so no round can be put in, altered bolt so it can´t feed from the mag anymore, altered trigger. Most of them are nearly invisible unless you know what to look for.

Exactly, a cut up smg or one with fixed parts due to new spec demilling will be less expensive than an old spec with moving parts. And if you want real M38/M40 or M19/M32 scopes you need to add $200-800, depending on the type of scope, its condition and luck. Then you need and Eagle or Eagle logo Hengstler counter ($150-400), again depending on the type of counter, its condition and luck. In the end you need a steel (or aluminum) scope rail, cylinders and t-tracks.

It depends where you are.

In the US a deac Sterling is more or less some torchcut pieces, a batch of parts that need to be rebuild. In UK and Germany they are uncut, only small alterations like some holes drilled in the inner barrel, welded barrel so no round can be put in, altered bolt so it can´t feed from the mag anymore, altered trigger. Most of them are nearly invisible unless you know what to look for.

That's just nuts. You'd think it would be the opposite. I can get a real gun, but I can't get a replica that doesn't have it all cut to hell. :facepalm

That's just nuts. You'd think it would be the opposite. I can get a real gun, but I can't get a replica that doesn't have it all cut to hell. :facepalm

I think the trade off is that for the right price we can get semi-auto or even full-auto versions.... but yeah, I'd rather get a non-invasive demilled for the $.

To be honest, those shooting Sterlings i have seen (with that extra long barrel) would be totally worthless to me. They just don´t look like the ones used in the movie.

But in a certain way we have the same situation with some guns. For example Leias Blasters, or Greedos - those small caliber seem to not impressive/interesting enough for display only, so deacs are rare and expensive. Much more rare and expensive than working ones, for the 2 Margolins (ANH and Endor) i have i could have easily gotten 4 or maybe even 5 live fire ones.

There is a permit that allows for full auto, but you basically have to give up your 4th amendment rights as I understand it.

You can't get a real gun that's fully automatic.

I wasn't referring to the Sterling, just that you can get a real firing gun easier than a whole deactivated Sterling. But like someone said you can own a real full auto Sterling, or anything pre-1986. Most of them are the price of a car, but you can get them.

You can't get a real gun that's fully automatic.

In the US, any fully automatic firearm built and registered prior to the 1986 cutoff date can be privately owned. The paperwork takes awhile to process for the tax stamp, and the firearm is registered with State and Federal governments, but ultimately, it's the same background check for every other firearm.

But with the Sterling, several companies remade them off demiled receivers, converting them to semi automatic. If you want to get one of them, and go through the same process as getting a full auto, you can register it as a short barrel rifle.

Expensive way to go for a functional prop.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a permit that allows for full auto, but you basically have to give up your 4th amendment rights as I understand it.

For companies that hold a class 3 FFL, they are under the umbrella of no notice inspections by ATF. Private citizens, technically, can have the ATF drop in unannounced, but it's practically unheard of.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back