Escape from New York - Maximum Security Penitentiary sign

Skyler101

Sr Member
Hi Guys,

Been a while and I thought I might share with you something I just whipped up.
Work got a new laser cutter, and after some rather negative mood, everyone left the office to go drown their sorrows. Perfect, time to get creative!

I had some friends coming over to watch "Escape from New York" tonight, and well, I wanted this sign to greet them.

I know it's not screen-accurate (I checked after I finished cutting), but I was going off memory and putting fonts and graphics down from the net. I then grabbed some cardboard and after a shot of paint ended up with a cool sign I plan to use with my prized Escape from New York props. Now to get back to 3D printing Snakes presidential hand scanner...

Hope you enjoy!

- Skyler101
View attachment 838079View attachment 838080View attachment 838081

Attachments

• IMG_6745.JPG
    IMG_6745.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 233
  • IMG_6739.JPG
    IMG_6739.JPG
    805 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_6738.JPG
    IMG_6738.JPG
    905.7 KB · Views: 187
Thanks for asking (and I almost never say never) But, those damned things will never happen again. I was so sick of that run that by the time I wrapped things up, I didn't even keep one for myself. Wish I had though...:facepalm I can't afford my own crap these days.

-Rylo

I know the possibility is slim, is there ANY chance you'll do another run?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back