Kenner Star Wars Rifle case

staermose

Sr Member
I got one of these yesterday. Not mine on the pic, but identical to.
As far as I know, this is nothing more than the Kenner design team, that came up with their own unique design for this one. Probably to make a really boxy design, to be able to carry all the figures around in.

But does it even resemble any rifle in any of the films? I had the idea in my head that they could have been based on the rifles the Rebel Commandos carried on Endor. But they are not even close.

And has any of you ever based af prop rifle on this design? Made it a wee bit more realistic. Added a real scope instead, wood grips. Better greeblies. Better barrel(s) in the front. Things like that.

:)

92gFGBF.jpg

I don't know if it was ever used as the base for a weapon in the movies, but it would make a great prop with a little work. It has so much room inside it would be great for custom electronics.

Man, I haven't seen one of those on years. I didn't have this one as a kid, only the Vader head case.

I'm gonna save that photo and see about making one. I don't suppose the back side has any details? When yours arrives, post a pic, or several, and I might mock up a prop rifle.

Here are the pics of mine.
As they clearly shows, it is severely yellowed from UV damage. The inside shows the original grey colour. And it is missing one of the clips that holds it together. But I got it relatively cheap. I didn't have any of the carry cases as a child. But am now slowly collecting a lot of the stuff i didn't have back then.

8gMcPfk.jpg

uucODiW.jpg

4tpsOVR.jpg

a3TaVOd.jpg

a3TaVOd.jpg

7zBRajQ.jpg

Awesome, thanks for those pics. I'm going to add it to my blasters to do list.

An AK-47 pistol grip will be where I start. And I'm thinking an MG-34 style stock. Yeah, this could be a fun build.

The rifle case was only released for ROTJ, so it makes little sense that it would be a tie-in for anything Hoth.
The rifle released with the Sideshow figure resembles the one released with the Kenner Stormtrooper in Hoth gear.
In ESB the troopers only carried E-11s, and not anything resembling this case.

star-wars5-movie-screencaps.com-4022.jpg

Attachments

• star-wars5-movie-screencaps.com-4022.jpg
    star-wars5-movie-screencaps.com-4022.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 139
This makes me want to make a flash-gun based lightsaber based on Kenner lightsaber toy...

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back