Obi-Wan Kenobi: Revenge of the Sith Replica Costume

Psab keel

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been making Prequel Era Jedi costumes (and costumes in general) for nearly 20 years and it's been a dream of mine to create a screen accurate Jedi costume. After nearly ten years I have finally achieved my goal with Obi-Wan's costume from Episode 3. I've done between seven to eight different versions of this ensemble and I finally got it right! While I'm not a fan of the Prequels I do love the production design and the costumes are a huge part of that. This particular ensemble took several months of work to assemble, meticulously sourcing as accurate materials as I could find and exhaustively perfecting my patterns to get the correct fit and look of the screen used costume worn by Ewan McGregor.

Here is part one of a video tour of my personal Obi-Wan Revenge of the Sith Costume. I crafted nearly every piece of this costume myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwsga_BqNZ8

Here is Part Two:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csL1Oj92ZTs

Pieces I purchased were:

-Hasbro Force FX Lightsaber
-Boots -Motor Cowboy (purchased second hand)
-Food Capsules (ebay)
-Civilized Galactic Gear Fluted Pouches
-Woodman Grapple Pouch
-Covertech Belt Clip
-Functional Belt Buckle by Dave at Saberbelt and Diego

Pieces I crafted:

Inner Tunic
Trousers with attached suspenders
Outer Tunic, Sash, and Tabards
Leather Belt
Hooded Robe

Here are some shots of the finished product:

IMG_0123.JPGIMG_0198.JPGIMG_0178.JPGIMG_0174.JPGIMG_0164.JPGIMG_0155.JPGIMG_0142.JPGIMG_0109.JPGDSCN3949.JPGIMG_0213.JPG

For some reason some of the images loaded sideways.

Anyway I hope you all enjoy! I have one last video detailing this ensemble. I will link it once I finish editing it and upload it to YouTube. Thanks to my wife for the great photos she took!

Psab Keel

Last edited:
If you're at all interested I have a fabric package for the inner tunic, outer tunic and wool robe I could offer you.

If you're at all interested I have a fabric package for the inner tunic, outer tunic and wool robe I could offer you.
I'm actually not currently ready to make any purchases for this cosplay and I'm not making it on my own. I was just looking for a place to purchase the accurate fabrics when the time comes

Gotcha. I have cotton jersey type knit fabric in brown for the collar and sleeves and off white for the body.

Last edited:
Psab keel Did you dye the leather for your belt? If so what brand of dye and what colour did you use? I'm stripping and re-dying some leather belt blanks I'm using for my own belt since the finish they came with is too dark.

For my belts I used 8-9 oz. Veg-tanned leather for the main belt (2 -3/8" wide) and cinch belt (1/2" wide) and some Feibings leather dye. For colors you could use Russet or whichever color you think looks close. The more coats you do the darker the color will get. Be sure to seal it too, otherwise the dye will rub off.

For my belts I used 8-9 oz. Veg-tanned leather for the main belt (2 -3/8" wide) and cinch belt (1/2" wide) and some Feibings leather dye. For colors you could use Russet or whichever color you think looks close. The more coats you do the darker the color will get. Be sure to seal it too, otherwise the dye will rub off.
Ok good to know, I'm torn between walnut and mahogany for the Fiebing's pro dye, I know Cantina_Dude made a very nice TPM belt with a walnut dye but he didn't mention brand I don't think. Probably safe to assume he also used Fiebing's though.

Ok good to know, I'm torn between walnut and mahogany for the Fiebing's pro dye, I know Cantina_Dude made a very nice TPM belt with a walnut dye but he didn't mention brand I don't think. Probably safe to assume he also used Fiebing's though.
I did indeed use Fiebing's Pro Dye ("Pro Dye", not Fiebing's "Leather Dye", it's very different) in their "Walnut" colour on the Ep I style Kenobi belt I posted about in my thread, though in subsequent commissions I switched to their "Dark Brown" colour of Pro Dye as I felt it captured the Ep I Kenobi belt look better. After applying a couple coats of the dye, I applied some Neatsfoot oil and then sealed it all with a topcoat of Tan-Kote.

1700200376969.png

I've not looked into the Ep III Kenobi belt, but it has always struck me as being a different colour to the Ep I version, along with being constructed a little differently. If Ep III is your goal, I'd definitely follow Psab keel's lead here!

The Episode 3 belt is indeed a different shade. It has a touch of red to the brown color, though in person it's darker than it appears in some photos which are well lit.

Your Ep. 1 Belt is amazing Cantina_Dude !

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back