Buttercup's Dagger - The Princess Bride.

samiamuc

After re-watching The Princess Bride recently, I've come to the realization that there is an unfortunate lack of prop replicas available for such an excellent film. I know the swords have been made, and some members on here are working on the goblets, but the swords exceed my budget, and the goblets will be a bit of a wait. I was thinking that it be very cool to have Buttercup's dagger. I was wondering if anyone has seen it or a similar dagger available online or elsewhere. If not, I've started modeling it and may try to 3D print it. Thanks!

zenix did a run of goblets a few years ago, I found vintage matches to the goblets and will be putting some up on eBay later today that are signed by Cary Elwes and Wallace Shawn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
After re-watching The Princess Bride recently, I've come to the realization that there is an unfortunate lack of prop replicas available for such an excellent film. I know the swords have been made, and some members on here are working on the goblets, but the swords exceed my budget, and the goblets will be a bit of a wait. I was thinking that it be very cool to have Buttercup's dagger. I was wondering if anyone has seen it or a similar dagger available online or elsewhere. If not, I've started modeling it and may try to 3D print it. Thanks!

I'd look for parry daggers, sometimes called left hand daggers or main gauches. It's been a while since I've last watched the movie but my recollection of the dagger was that it looked sort of like a parry dagger of some sort.

Factory Entertainment!

1658451678472.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back