Prop Store's Entertainment Memorabilia Live Auction 2018

The print catalog is clearer (images in the PDF likely reduced to make the download size more manageable), but if you really want to see a piece, go to the website and look there. There will likely be a lot more photos of it, and they are in pretty high resolution.

The print catalog is clearer (images in the PDF likely reduced to make the download size more manageable), but if you really want to see a piece, go to the website and look there. There will likely be a lot more photos of it, and they are in pretty high resolution.

Specifically, I was hoping to see the front sight detail of the indiana Jones revolver. The images they have on the individual online auction page, at 300dpi are about 6” wide. But the print catalogue has an image that is a full two page spread. Wondering if it may even be clearer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm, hard to tell if there's more detail or not... You start to get the printing pattern if you magnify the actual page in the catalog...
Here's a close picture of it though...
IMG_9216.JPG

You are absolutely right, the images are quite big usually so we do size them down when we put them up on social media or our website.
The photos in the catalogue are definitely higher quality but if you do wish to see them in a higher resolution on your personal computer, please email sarah@propstore.com which is the head of our photography team in London and state which lots you are interested in.

On another note we do have product videos and that revolver in particular is in one of them, it does not stay on screen for too long as it is a group of items that are displayed but maybe it would be helpful as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
You are absolutely right, the images are quite big usually so we do size them down when we put them up on social media or our website.
The photos in the catalogue are definitely higher quality but if you do wish to see them in a higher resolution on your personal computer, please email sarah@propstore.com which is the head of our photography team in London and state which lots you are interested in.

On another note we do have product videos and that revolver in particular is in one of them, it does not stay on screen for too long as it is a group of items that are displayed but maybe it would be helpful as well?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMCntSXmV6s

Cool! Will do!!

View attachment Exhibition Floor_3.jpg
Some of you might have had a sneak peek of our exhibition on the BBC Breakfast Show this morning but for those of you that are in London or are stopping by, we hope to see you down at the Odeon BFI IMAX near Waterloo station. You can see most of the lots in person from whatever angle your heart desires. Make sure to bring your phones or cameras as photos are allowed. The exhibition is open as of today and will be there until the auction day which is the 20th of this month!

View attachment Exhibition Floor_3.jpg

Here is something you guys might be interested in checking out. The video gives more of an in-depth explanation about its origins, research and history so for some of you, it may hopefully be a curious piece of footage.

This is the first time I follow the auction that much and I must say that I really hate the reserve system. The starting price is always half the lowest range of the estimate price and I guess the reserve is just that low estimate price. (it's clearly visible on the Qui Gon Jinn's lightsaber with one bidder and already twice the starting price) I really wonder what's the use of that.
anyways, for sure the lots are really nice! :)

Not to get too far off topic, but different auction houses have different starting points. Some are estimates that they think the item will go for, while others start at the lowest price the consigner is willing to take. And it's kind of cliche, but items are worth what people are willing to spend. One bight spot, however, is that if an item doesn't sell at auction you can usually make an offer on it immediately following the auction (usually at the starting price).

Yeah, the purpose of the reserve price point is that an item can receive bids lower than what the seller is comfortable selling an item for. But after the auction ends, the seller has the flexibility to decide whether or not to let the item go for that lesser bid, or not.

For example, if an item has a reserve of $3,000, and the highest bid is $2,800, the seller may decide “what the heck” and let the bidder have it at $2,800. Or he may decide that $2,800 is in fact too low, and keep the item. Had the seller simply set the starting price at $2800, he would be committed to selling it that low, even if it may have been below what he was comfortable accepting.

In a market where it may be tough to estimate the value of one-of-a-kind items, the reserve gives a seller the opportunity to gauge interest and reevaluate their expectations, if necessary.

1-Day-to-go.jpg
1 Day Left! We wanted to say a big thank you to all of you that have been following the event and have been helping others around here as well. Hopefully some of you end up with a new addition to their collection after tomorrow! We wish you good luck from the PropStore team and may the odds be in your favour. For updates and the live stream pop over to www.propstore.com/liveauction or keep an eye on our social media channels.

I still don't understand the purpose of the reserve price. Some items have one bid and it's the starting price. some have one bid and it's more than the starting price. it means that if you put more than the starting price and you are under the reserve price, the system considers that directly as a bid of that max value. If we take that reasoning of making an offer at the end of the auction if the reserve price is not reached. then people that put more than the starting price are screwed... this system doesn't seem great... the reserve price is super obvious but someone not careful or used to ebay will pay more for an item than the starting price in case no one else bid on it. :behave

Yep, the Solo jacket had a start of £250k, highest bidder was £430k but was still under the reserve (which was probably £500-£600k)

Cheers

Jez

Interesting. Even a bit disappointing considering the predictions. What did the ANH stormy helmet go for?

Ben

Yeah, but those extra charges don't show up on the item listing page. Only the winning bid amount. But yes, that's a lot of money. One lucky owner, though. :)

Yeah, but those extra charges don't show up on the item listing page. Only the winning bid amount. But yes, that's a lot of money. One lucky owner, though. :)
Those extra charges can't be shown 'cause they differ for everyone. They do now show the bidprice + buyers premium.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back