Batman Beyond/Batman of the Future. Who would you cast in a live action movie

doppelganger

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi all, I remember when I first saw Batman of the Future and thought it could make a great Live action movie. But...... who would you cast.

My first thoughts were Paul Newman as Bruce and Keanu Reeves as Terry. Obviously we have sadly lost Mr Newman and Keanu is waaaaaaay too old now, so who do we want.

My second thought for Bruce was Clint Eastwood (i'd love to see him as a super hero...lmao) and Zack Effron and Terry. Mr Eastwood is still around but Zack is a bit too old now too.

Kevin Conroy could be amazing as he's getting older now but still in great shape but it might melt my brain having him do his batman voice in live action.

Other than that if Liam Neeson can get his American accent in gear he could be a good Bruce, but if anyone suggests Shia LaBeouf as Terry....

I will look for...... I WILL find you..... and I will KILL you!!

Your thought?

I’ve been getting back into Batman Beyond lately and I’ve been thinking about it this too. I think you’re on the right track with Bruce being old but still able to hold his own. I think it would be totally awesome to cast Michael Keaton as Bruce again. I think Ansel Elgort (Baby Driver) would make a great Terry.

Good combo, I meant to add Keaton as he's pretty much there on age. It may be that or we'll have to wait another 20 years for Christian Bale to come back.

I only saw the Return of Joker and some odd bits and bobs of the series...so not that much input on Terry afraid.
Eastwood has just the charisma and character but I think he's a bit too slender not as buffed as I would imagine Batman (going by the animated look). It would be interesting to see him in a role like that but I'm also willing to bet that he'd dismiss the whole superhero thing. :lol
Also agree on Paul Newman, would have been great.
For some reason I just had Rutger Hauer pop in my mind for old Bruce...would be great to see him and Willem Dafoe in a cinematic version of the Return of the Joker.

Liam Neeson would never happen, as bed already been in a batman movie as someone other than batman.

Michael Keaton would be awesome, though, as he's already been Bruce once already.

But I honestly don't know enough about Beyond to even know who Terry is, I'm guessing the new Batman?

I would love to see Keaton play Batman again but after Birdman, I think he's said all he needs to say about it.

Although, if we're talking about oldies reprising roles, I want to see something with Nicholson as the Joker again. Specifically, this Elseworld's version:

805143-joker_4.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back