Star Destroyer Bridge Section ( Korbanth ) Build

SORRY, AND MORE
IMG_2152.JPGIMG_2153.JPG
IMG_2165.JPGIMG_2163.JPGIMG_2164.JPG

SORRY IF THERE ARE REPEATS, CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT I UPLOADED
IMG_2150.JPGIMG_2149.JPGIMG_2151.JPG.IMG_2134.JPGIMG_2133.JPGIMG_2132.JPGIMG_2129.JPGIMG_2135.JPG

IMG_2152.JPGIMG_2154.JPGIMG_2153.JPG

IMG_2145.JPGIMG_2147.JPG

That's it for now, will take and upload more pic in time

Aloha....

Attachments

• IMG_2128.JPG
    IMG_2128.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 146
Here is that front and center piece of the bridge I was talking about. somehow I messed it up trying to post pics earlier. here you go .

IMG_2057.JPGIMG_2056.JPG

IMG_2058.JPG

here trying to level out the top for the array. more on these two pieces later...

IMG_2157.JPG
IMG_2156.JPG

very nice piece! i did notice on the kit there was no bridge piece. different ones were used on different filming models but the one you made nice, and its all yours! Art :)
i feel your pain too, gotta a shingle my house, landscaping at my moms, windows to put in my sisters house, vehicles, blah blah blah...i just want to build!!!

I know I always write " more tonite or late" and end up procrastinating and don't get back for at least 2 or 3 days later. my kids really eat up my time. 8 years and 14 years old. they have more energy than I do. plus winter is around the corner so we are prepping house for that as well. and YES! I JUST WANT TO BUILD!!! after things wind down it's too late for me to get any real work done. so weekends if i'm lucky is my only shot. and if my wife takes the kids to grand mama's for the day

this is a pic of one of my work stations 11 X 12 room in the house (and this is organized, yeah right!) the other is out in our garage. but will have to shut production down in there as it's getting cold and my wife want to park in there. so all I got is half a garage now. any hoo I still have my basement workshop.
IMG_1408.JPG
this is one of my older pics from last year. and NO, I have not finished the AT-AT yet, the Hans solo empire denix blaster is done though.

Good Gravy!!! Amazing as always! I must agree, wife & kids come first. You only get one chance at that! I havent started my AT-AT yet, is that a Hasbro TIE?:thumbsup

Good Gravy!!! Amazing as always! I must agree, wife & kids come first. You only get one chance at that! I havent started my AT-AT yet, is that a Hasbro TIE?:thumbsup

The AT-AT is the Alfred Wong resin kit, not bad and not entirely accurate either, but I always wanted it when he first sold them back in 2002 and then suddenly stopped? I pre-ordered his Galactica Shuttle then as well and he sent me my money back say he had copyright issue's? or somthing? but I got my $350.00 back. I believe it's 1/48 scale. I won that baby on ebay a few years back for almost triple the original cost. but worth it me. still looking for a bigger more accurate AT-AT kit.

the Tie Fighter is a Hasbro Version. Planning on doing a over haul and re-paint, along with the Hasbro Tie-bomber and Interceptor I have. I always get started on a project and something else comes in and I drop what I am doing and start on that. I swear to god I have at least 13 projects going. sad I know!

i feel you pain bro! there is a large wing hasbro tie on ebay i want...but i also want the timeslip studio scale Buck Rogers starfighter :facepalm i have 5 or 6 things started my self.:angel:unsure my at-at might be a mirakits 1/48. i PLAN to use it to pattern a 1/24!
do you have a thread for any of the hasbro ties? i plan to start my first ever thread on a death star i recently started.

i feel you pain bro! there is a large wing hasbro tie on ebay i want...but i also want the timeslip studio scale Buck Rogers starfighter :facepalm i have 5 or 6 things started my self.:angel:unsure my at-at might be a mirakits 1/48. i PLAN to use it to pattern a 1/24!
do you have a thread for any of the hasbro ties? i plan to start my first ever thread on a death star i recently started.

I have yet to do a hasbro repaint. these will be my first of many I think as they are maybe 85% accurate? not much to do in stock mode, but you can go nuts rebuilding one! I was very lucky to get the 3 (tie, interceptor, bomber) all in a garage sale last year for a really good price - $50.00 for all three! the tie bomber was still in the original package. an older couple selling their kids stuff who were of to college. they had no idea of what it was really worth. and in great condition. I felt bad at first but this is how we get great deals!

What death star are you referring too? Model? resin kit? I built a few BR thunder fighters awhile back and sold them. but would be nice to get a Studio Kit. I have Mirakits AT-ST. and it's beaut!!! have not started it yet but take it out every so often just to look at how HUGE it is! very nicely cast and designed. Miguel Is a super nice guy. he keeps me in the loop of his new projects. wanted the AT-AT he makes but bought the chicken walker instead as I have Alfred Wongs AT-AT (SMT), Mirakits version is much more accurate though.

here is a few pics of my ( once again not finished projects ) AT-AT. I changed a lot on this kit and more to do!

IMG_1081.JPGIMG_1083.JPGIMG_1084.JPGIMG_1085.JPG

IMG_1133.JPGIMG_1134.JPGIMG_1280.JPGIMG_1279.JPGIMG_1278.JPGIMG_1281.JPG

the head had no real detail on it so I scribbed in all the panel lines on it and, just way to much to post. maybe a later time and a different thread.

IMG_1269.JPGIMG_1271.JPGIMG_1270.JPGIMG_1272.JPG

IMG_1282.JPGIMG_1283.JPGIMG_1271.JPGIMG_1273.JPGIMG_1274.JPGIMG_1275.JPGIMG_1276.JPGIMG_1277.JPG

I"ll get to this soon enough? when? still have the SD bridge kit to finish.

- - - Updated - - -

this is ( pics above) of RC blockade runner I have to start! . had this for a few years as well. ? just NO time.

Attachments

• IMG_1199.JPG
    IMG_1199.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 139
  • IMG_1198.JPG
    IMG_1198.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 136
  • IMG_1197.JPG
    IMG_1197.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 159
Wow!!! that AT-AT is beautiful!! very nice! when mine came i was very very scared! this is how it showed upmail1.PNGmail2.PNG but a testament to his packaging all the parts were fine!
i picked up the black series AT-ST a few months ago at my local Wally for 40bucks clearance. i wanna detail it out and do a repaint...time
I dont have a picture i can up load at the moment but i am doing a 12" lighted globe conversion of the death star. i have the map overlay off and pretty well sanded, looking at making the mounting system. i say that because i am using a projector mount and i want to hang it from my ceiling if i want or flip it top to bottom if i take it somewhere to display. ordered some LEDs for it or my Zvezda star destroyer engines.
OH BOY that RC blockage runner is high on my wish list!!! i got his Hasbro Falcon conversion sidewall kit a couple years ago. its taking alot of work to get all the air bubbles filed and they are not the most accurate but nice pieces though. Did i mention time?
On the plus side i did finish my roofing and all new metal trim work at mine and my mothers over the weekend so a step closer to getting back to crafting!!

The AT-AT is the Alfred Wong resin kit, not bad and not entirely accurate either, but I always wanted it when he first sold them back in 2002 and then suddenly stopped? I pre-ordered his Galactica Shuttle then as well and he sent me my money back say he had copyright issue's? or somthing? but I got my $350.00 back. I believe it's 1/48 scale. I won that baby on ebay a few years back for almost triple the original cost. but worth it me. still looking for a bigger more accurate AT-AT kit.

the Tie Fighter is a Hasbro Version. Planning on doing a over haul and re-paint, along with the Hasbro Tie-bomber and Interceptor I have. I always get started on a project and something else comes in and I drop what I am doing and start on that. I swear to god I have at least 13 projects going. sad I know!

That is the curse of all of us kit builders. I’ve always wanted one of the korbanth bridge kits, your doing a top notch job!

Wow!!! that AT-AT is beautiful!! very nice! when mine came i was very very scared! this is how it showed upView attachment 843214View attachment 843215 but a testament to his packaging all the parts were fine!
i picked up the black series AT-ST a few months ago at my local Wally for 40bucks clearance. i wanna detail it out and do a repaint...time
I dont have a picture i can up load at the moment but i am doing a 12" lighted globe conversion of the death star. i have the map overlay off and pretty well sanded, looking at making the mounting system. i say that because i am using a projector mount and i want to hang it from my ceiling if i want or flip it top to bottom if i take it somewhere to display. ordered some LEDs for it or my Zvezda star destroyer engines.
OH BOY that RC blockage runner is high on my wish list!!! i got his Hasbro Falcon conversion sidewall kit a couple years ago. its taking alot of work to get all the air bubbles filed and they are not the most accurate but nice pieces though. Did i mention time?
On the plus side i did finish my roofing and all new metal trim work at mine and my mothers over the weekend so a step closer to getting back to crafting!!

Sorry I have been away for awhile and have not posted anything in a couple of weeks. was away on holiday for 10 day with the wife an NO kids, Yupeee!. then back to reality as WINTER has hit us pretty good up here. and we are scrambling to get the garage cleaned out to use it for our vehicles, wife's car YES, my Jeep NO, I still have all my modelling supplies, tools, table, compressor airbrush, kits etc there. now that we have snow and cold temps I have come to halt on doing my kit. I still have my model room in the basement but I still have to haul all of my stuff from the garage down there. I have done a little work on the deflector shield domes but haven't taken any pics yet. but I'll get there! soon!
did you get Mira's AT-AT in that ball of of cardboard and yet it was unscathed? thats impressive! have you built it yet? and how is the casting on it. I know it's a little bigger than my SMT kit. and more accurate as well. Mira does great stuff!
would love to see some pics of your death star! and see what you have done. I have always wanted a 2 ft diameter death star 2 to hang in the theater room. that would be a nice addition.
RC runner is a kit I have had for awhile and never started. rumor has it that he is going to re-do his BR kit? so I am holding off on it till he makes that decision. he did re-do his Star Destroyer. his kit are great yet some times they occupy of lot of your attention in detail clean up. sanding and filling pit holes etc. but when done right they look magnificent!
It' nice to see you have time for the more important thing in life, Family! sometimes I get too carried away with my hobby that I neglect other responsibilities and then I snap myself out of it.

I have more kits to build than I do years left to live, yet I still buy them?

Aloha...

That is the curse of all of us kit builders. I’ve always wanted one of the korbanth bridge kits, your doing a top notch job!

Sorry to say I have done very little this past 2 weeks, holiday and old man winter has put time constraints on my building! see above post. Just want to say thanks for the vote of confidence on this SD bridge build! I promise to get back soon and post more pics. this kit is not with out a few flaws, but then again what resin kit isn't. been a fun build so far and I have improvised alot and added detail where I think it should accentuate it's look. time, time, time - where does it go? I am almost there, a little fine tunning, more primer, LED lights for the FO, glue together, and paint. I am still debating the paint color. any thoughts? white, light gray, ?thanks again.

this curse is taking hold. like I said--
" I have more kits to build than I do years left to live, yet I still keep buying"
i'm pathetic...

anything but pathetic my friend!! and i feel your pain, i too would guess i have more than i will have time to build...but challenge accepted :p and i have some on pre-order and on my wishlist.
its supposed to be a rainy weekend here so the hopes are to do some crafting!! :popcorn i have not started the Mira kit, actually since you cant get a 36" to 48" walker anymore and his is so good i want to use the Mira kit and other reference to do a large scratch build...the plan anyway. i have not started my own thread here before but i will try to post what i have of my death star. sorry its only 12". people think those things are gold it seems! :eek you do what you have to and it will all work exactly the way its supposed too.
i hear you on the RC resin too. i am doin my own Hasbro falcon with his sidewall kit. alot of clean-up but well worth the effort and thankx to him for doing what he does. i did not hear about him possibly re-doin the Tantive IV...whoop whoop :D

have a great day
failure is the best teacher...Yoda

anything but pathetic my friend!! and i feel your pain, i too would guess i have more than i will have time to build...but challenge accepted :p and i have some on pre-order and on my wishlist.
its supposed to be a rainy weekend here so the hopes are to do some crafting!! :popcorn i have not started the Mira kit, actually since you cant get a 36" to 48" walker anymore and his is so good i want to use the Mira kit and other reference to do a large scratch build...the plan anyway. i have not started my own thread here before but i will try to post what i have of my death star. sorry its only 12". people think those things are gold it seems! :eek you do what you have to and it will all work exactly the way its supposed too.
i hear you on the RC resin too. i am doin my own Hasbro falcon with his sidewall kit. alot of clean-up but well worth the effort and thankx to him for doing what he does. i did not hear about him possibly re-doin the Tantive IV...whoop whoop :D

have a great day
failure is the best teacher...Yoda

yeah, I can't be be a 100% postitive but on one of randys videos for his SD retool he mentioned that he was going to retire his old BR kit and re-do it:)!!!

and thought I would give a quick NON RELATED UPDATE on my SD bridge, I am measuring and cutting led strips for the interior of the bridge and trying to design a method of adding everything on the inside cords, power, remote sensor, etc. so I am a bit behind. but in the mean time I did a quick small little project with my Hasbro vader helmet. yet again an unfinished but 80% done. only thing left is to paint the reveal stand I made. I got the inspiration from a photo on google. so here it is

IMG_2427.JPGIMG_2428.JPGIMG_2429.JPGIMG_2430.JPGIMG_2431.JPG

I plan on painting the base and mounts a black and gun metal, then put feet on the base. almost done...

and next pics are just a look at part of my collection of Denix dl-44 blasters im just finishing the ROTJ blaster. other thing I have in my Theater/SW room. ENJOY !!!

IMG_2433.JPGIMG_2434.JPGIMG_2435.JPGIMG_2436.JPG

IMG_2438.JPGIMG_2437.JPGIMG_2439.JPG

IMG_2422.JPG

IMG_2432.JPG

thanks for looking.

I bought this kit a few years ago and it was an absolute nightmare, resin as thin as 3mm in some load bearing parts and as thick as 12mm in others. Warped panels and more airbubbles and i have care to mention. After close to 2 years and almost 4 times its purchase price i finally got a semi decent looking model out of it.

Attachments

• 20180901_143239.jpg
    20180901_143239.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 109
I bought this kit a few years ago and it was an absolute nightmare, resin as thin as 3mm in some load bearing parts and as thick as 12mm in others. Warped panels and more airbubbles and i have care to mention. After close to 2 years and almost 4 times its purchase price i finally got a semi decent looking model out of it.

I must admit this kit is not for the NOVICE modeler, yours looks awesome! all light and displayed, I have yet to see many of these built! it's like no one want to do it or show their work, which is why I decided to post mine as I move along on it. even your bridge is all lit up! (one thing this kit lacked) i'm trying the same path as well, obviously if you have been reading my progress so far. fortunately I was sent a clean pull with many panel pieces being very thick! I requested a fresh clean cast/pull from Korbanth when I purchased it after hearing about Model Man Toms issues on youtube. with his kit. and he was nice to oblige my request. a lot of sanding to get it thinned down for a proper fit. some very minor fitment issues plus my only problem was the deflector balls as the lost details and I am redoing them.i'm getting there! I had mine sitting for around a year and a half on the shelf before I tackled it. still a work in progress got some more work on the the deflector shield spheres a couple weeks back, haven't posted pics yet holidays have been busy plus I had ear surgery and was down for a couple weeks to add to the lack building and photo's.
Had to take a break from it and move on to a new kit I have acquired. I believe when a kit takes a long time to build/finish it's a must to take a break on come back later so you don't have model kit fatigue!! so I have been busy cleaning, test fitting planning light and a mount for my 1/350 JPG Nebulon B Medical frigate. my main concern was to mount it using ONE point of articulation on the side to give the illusion of it floating and I did it.
IMG_2608.jpg
IMG_2609.jpg
I have taken lots of pics and documented what I have done so far. I just have not posted any so far as I want to get back the Bridge section and finish it - almost done with it too! just got too carried away with the Med Frigate.
I know this is my post for the SD Bridge but I will give a sneak peak of what I have done with the frigate. I promise to get back soon to the bridge and post more ahead soon.
IMG_2610.jpg
IMG_2611.jpg
IMG_2618.jpg
IMG_2619 (1).jpg

now by no means am i done and most if not all these parts are not glued, just dry fitted and testing my mount/stand. I have big plans for this kit!

Later

Paul

Looking very good so far!

Thanks! thanks for the support, I kind of fell off the wagon when the frigate kit arrived ( you know! new kit came in woo hoo! ) I want to get this frigate going, but... I need to finish up on my SD bridge! I see a light at the end of the tunnel, and it's not a train. I'll post up some pics this coming weekend and of where i'm at with so far. just fixing/replacing up some broken FO I installed (around 350 strands 0.35/0.25 MM) and working on the deflector shield spheres. those have taken up most of my time and you'll see why, soon I have my lighting all figured out. strip light LED - RGBW / remote. it's coming along nicely.

here are the last of the pics i took of the Neb B. sent them to my bud back home in Maui. anyway On to the SD bridge.

thanks again
Paul
IMG_2612[1140].jpg neb 1.jpg
IMG_2614[1141].jpg neb 2.jpg
IMG_2616[1142].jpg neb 3.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back