Need help with information on luxeon LED's for a lightsaber build.

NakedMoleRat

Master Member
I am looking to build another lightsaber and really want a yellow blade. I searched eBay and found many colors, except for yellow. Is a yellow LED really that hard to find for a saber? Anyone who could point me in any direction would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Both Luxeon and Cree make amber LEDs, which are yellow but might be a bit more orange than you're looking for. If you're using a 3-up you can get a red and green and mix them, which would also help get the shade you're looking for.

You can go with amber and white, red and green.
Amber and white will only allow you to have that range of color from amber to white.
If you go with Red and Green, you have a bigger color spectrum, starting from red, orange, amber, yellow, lime, green.

Have in mind that the different brands of boards drive the leds differently, so read their manuals before choosing your card and leds.

Good luck!

I'd think a Prizm board would be your best option for color mixing, but I suppose I'm Plecter biased. Never tried the NEC boards.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Thank you all. I’m not at the moment interested in color mixing, I simply want a yellow bladed saber. For my green saber, I used a Hasbro soundboard with an upgraded speaker and tied the luxeon green LED to the board. I powered it with a 16850 3.7 volt battery and it is very bright.

I plan to do the same for this saber, but I can’t seem to find a yellow LED anywhere.

I actually FINALLY found a yellow luxeon LED on eBay last night. Got the last one ordered. The sound board that I am using is from a Darth Vader ultimate FX lightsaber with a string blade. Originally I replaced the LED's in that with yellow, but the lights all have definite bright spots as it's not a high end saber driver. I used everything from a foam cover to cellophane and nothing evened it out. I will cut the blade off and tie the led sequencer to the luxeon LED for the blade. It worked for my green saber with great results, (Though it was not a string blade on that one, just a single LED)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back