Medieval knight costume help needed...

Keycube

Hey folks. Looking for a little direction. I'm thinking about throwing something together quickly for a Renaissance festival, and thought I would use my Kylo Ren costume (sans helmet), and just grab a sword and helm from somewhere. In a perfect world I can find a dragon-type helm and go as Rhaegar Targaryen (add platinum wig!). But my question for now is, didn't some actual outfits have their sigils sewn onto a piece that went over the head, separate from the tunic (like those bib-type things you wore in gym class when playing flag football)? I could swear I've seen that before (although maybe it was just as a costume). I'd love to somehow add a dragon sigil to the ensemble without defacing the Kylo costume.

Any tips on acquiring the other items would also be appreciated! Thanks!

Hey folks. Looking for a little direction. I'm thinking about throwing something together quickly for a Renaissance festival, and thought I would use my Kylo Ren costume (sans helmet), and just grab a sword and helm from somewhere. In a perfect world I can find a dragon-type helm and go as Rhaegar Targaryen (add platinum wig!). But my question for now is, didn't some actual outfits have their sigils sewn onto a piece that went over the head, separate from the tunic (like those bib-type things you wore in gym class when playing flag football)? I could swear I've seen that before (although maybe it was just as a costume). I'd love to somehow add a dragon sigil to the ensemble without defacing the Kylo costume.

Any tips on acquiring the other items would also be appreciated! Thanks!

If you are going historical better look into My Armoury forums. But if your doing more fantasy like. Check Kult of Athena, and Armstreet. Ando if you want to get a sword that's more then a costume piece, then you'll want to check Sword Buyers Guide.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back