TFA/TLJ Resistance Rank Badges

joez2391

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Working on making a set of Resistance rank badges from the Force Awakens and the Last Jedi. Should be a fun build, going to paint and weather them like the screen used ones. Starting off by designing it in Fusion 360. 3D printed, first layer of primer on.

Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 7.33.14 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-15 at 7.40.24 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-15 at 7.41.01 AM.pngIMG_3491.JPGIMG_9364.JPG

I decided to use one of my throwaway prints as a test to see if i could make a successful mask using a 3D printed overlay (orange print). It snaps over the surface of the badge and I airbrushed the blue on it with no tape. Can't believe it worked, this is going to be so much easier than masking! The ones used on screen are a lot dirtier than you would think, really makes it fun for weathering.

The final badge will be cast in resin and will be much smoother than this! Let me know what you guys think!

IMG_4818.JPGIMG_9509.JPGIMG_4121.JPG

IMG_0285.JPG
All 6 badge styles are now printed. Working on finishing and smoothing the prints now, then onto casting. Really looking forward to painting these

The Resistance rank badges are finally done! These are cast in resin and hand painted to match the weathering on the screen used ones. Couldn't be happier with how they turned out, much better than the prototype one I posted before.

The red is Army and the blue is Navy. These can be seen in The Force Awakens and The Last jedi on all of the various Resistance officers.

IMG_4718.jpgIMG_4719.jpgIMG_4728.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back