Need help: Tie Bomber armature drawings

Toxcedo

Can someone validate the measurements on the CAD drawing that I just made? I can not find any good reference on the forum for the square stock and I want to make sure the measurements are ok before the machining process. Thx a lot! See also the attached .pdf file below.
Sheet1 (1).jpg View attachment Sheet1 (1).pdf

Sheet1 (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can not validate the measurements,.but i do know that the wing bar is hollow or partialy hollow,..i would recomment to use a tube for that,..also note that the tube has at least 2 holes (1 behind the canopy window and 1 behind the "torpedo"octagon)and probably these holes run through the tube ,.so that will make 4 holes.
Also you can clearly see some(3 i believe) electrical wires(1 grey?blue? and 2 red?/orange/brown?? running trough the tube behind the canopy window and behind the tube(probably comming out of it through the hole on the backside going to the led's of the engines,..in the chronicle book you can see this clearly.
I also think that on the front side of the box (hidden in one of the holes of the frontplate greeblie)there is a small metal connector or toggle switch or a tiny philips screw that holds the center block tight to the tube,..but this could also just be the screw partialy seen in the hole of the armature

Last edited:
Forget about the toggle switch on the front plate,..but it could be a small electrical connector male pin onto which an adaptor/wallwart plug would fit.
I also think by looking at your drawing and comparing it to the reference that your center block should be more cube in size or maybe even more rectangle verticaly(front/back view),.. by looking at the reference i can see the block being longer at the bottom,..so it could be a square cube but the tube will not run through the center(top/bottom side) but more through the tops side of the cube/rectangle.

Last edited:
Wow I see what you mean. I never noticed the holes behind the canopy. Here is a quick fix with the update you provided. Still not sure about the bottom portion of the square stock.... Do you have the links for your reference photos? The one I have are so low in resolution thats its difficult to make anything out of them.
Tie bomber square and tubing v17.png
Tie bomber square and tubing v17.png

Last edited:
Sorry,can't give you any links to the reference,..but if you cut the morser karl ribbed plate and the part on the bottom of the square it will give you a better feeling for the dimension of the box,..but be shure that the box only meets the fuselage tubes where the crosstube enters the fusselages(if you deside not to cut square holes in the fuselages but only round holes for the cross tube)) .
So in other words,.the morser karl plates/decks are wider than the square stock on both bottom an top!
This will also mean the holes in the cross tube have to be further removed from the square stock to be positioned exacty where they should behind the canopy and octagon hole.
The square stock will be covered by styrene that follows the curves of the fuselages on the front,..maybe back aswell(not sure),.so this will cover up the voids which are between the square stock top and bottom and the fuselages.
I'll see if i can take measurements from my build ,.but these will be my measurements so others or you may not agree.
I remember that my thickness of the cross tube was slightly different than most other builders used,.. i believe the only one agreeing with my dimensions or at least not ridiculing it was monsieur tox,.who i take as expert ,so i stayed with my measurement.
You could also cut square holes in the fuselage tubes(more accurate to the filming miniature) so you will not have the voids ,.more difficult for me so i just cut a round for the cross tube.

Last edited:
here an old picture of my bomberFoto0268.jpgwhen i look at it now the square should be a tiny bit wider ,.but this could be due to photo perspective,..i'll have to check on the real model to be sure about that

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back