Interesting Item - Find a good use for it...

Here it is...

Amazon 001.jpg

I have no idea what I want to do with it, but it's definitely got promise. Not prop related, but it'd be cool with something like an Edison bulb in it as a lamp!

After reading the description I STILL don't know what it's supposed to be used for! :lol

With that, I wonder if it would fit inside a hollow saber hilt. The first thing I thought of when I saw it was a crystal chamber.

It would be cool to fill it with fluid and suspend a dino embryo (Jurassic Park style) or maybe a little horror/sci-fi turn and a severed finger!

Looks like a segment of piping for distilling liquids and being able to monitor the color/viscosity... Maybe not exactly for a terminator, but In my head I see a "Heart of Franken-Bot" mantle piece that glows and pumps neon liquid about.

After reading the description I STILL don't know what it's supposed to be used for! :lol

With that, I wonder if it would fit inside a hollow saber hilt. The first thing I thought of when I saw it was a crystal chamber.
Same with me, it's kinda expensive though.
There are 1" OD ones, wouldnt that fit inside a saber?
I didn't notice that, 1" would definitely fit inside a lightsaber. Thanks for the info!

$40 for the 1" one, could make a nice reveal saber crystal housing. That's what I'd use it for, but I can make one for a lot less. In fact, I'd it slows down at work tonight, I might just go ahead and do it.

Lots of good ideas for it.

I used to work for Coka Cola, and they had similar set ups for quality checks. 304 stainless steel and sanitary flange fittings, it's an inline fluid sight gauge. Could be used for anything from water to acid.

Basically, it's a way to view fluids in a closed system for things you'd want to inspect visually (for color, viscosity, speed, etc). Not something you'd want to use in home plumbing or anything, but in lab, manufacturing, or even oil drilling scenarios. There would be pipes fitted to either end, and those long bolts form a cage to protect the glass from accidentally getting whacked.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back