1966 Batman BatRadio/Transmitter scratchbuild

PropReplicator2

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So after years of waiting to build a batradio from the '66 Batman film, I have finally embarked on my journey to do so.

The original prop was carved from a single block of wood and was very messily done (not uncommon for a B-prop), but mine will be constructed with several layers of styrene sheets and meticulously cut to create a cleaner-looking inside for a more as aesthetically pleasing product.

First some images of the original:
RlTTrTO.jpg

And some of where I an at currently, creating the back section with the cutout and cutting the front plate out:
fzTbNcK.jpg

fyl1KaE.jpg

WJIOgcr.jpg

XqfGHHi.jpg

Spent the last two hours cutting, sanding, and shaping the faceplate of the transmitter.. next to fill in with Bondo and shape with epoxy putty!
7pkFy3u.jpg

3FsfJdf.jpg

WAThhdo.jpg

Awesome project! I've been meaning to make this forever. I was think of going the 3D printing route (I've gotten lazy about scratch building). It's great to see something other than a grapple gun or batarang!

Awesome project! I've been meaning to make this forever. I was think of going the 3D printing route (I've gotten lazy about scratch building). It's great to see something other than a grapple gun or batarang!
Haha! Too many batarangs and grapple guns, so I had to switch it up a bit. I'm a member over on the '66 forums as well but don't see as many Adam west Batman builds here...
The belt will be next if all goes as planned ;)

And just FYI.. I just posted and interest thread up for resin kits in the run section to anyone who is interested :) https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=293617

Looking good so far

Yeah, I would love to see more Batman 66 props here

Hopefully I'll be able to change that.. I'm building the belt and pouches next and will be documenting that as well. Then it's on to remaking my batshield and batzooka!

I started working on a Batzooka, but then decided to make the Thermodynamic Ice Ray Beam, which uses the same Mattel Sonic Blaster (and is easier to make :p )
I really should get back to the Batzooka, but I can't seem to find a consensus on whether the Batzooka was black or navy blue.

I started working on a Batzooka, but then decided to make the Thermodynamic Ice Ray Beam, which uses the same Mattel Sonic Blaster (and is easier to make :p )
I really should get back to the Batzooka, but I can't seem to find a consensus on whether the Batzooka was black or navy blue.

I am about 95% sure it is black, just because most of the photos I've seen show it as black and not blue, but then again lighting and photo quality is everything ;)

Holy lack of updates Batman! Getting some better resins to cast in tomorrow and should be able to get all of these cast quite quickly. As far as electronics go, I've finally found a place that sells push buttons small enough to fit in the radio front under the custom-cast button. Stay tuned!

Alrighty, so 5 test casts later and I've finally got the process down good enough to offer these with pride ;)

Right out of the mold:
N4HDOge.jpg

wwC7JQe.jpg

Yeah. I think most replicas just stick with the original color of the plastic. We had a couple of episodes dedicated to the the Batzooka on “Talking Props”.

https://youtu.be/L6EMsNaliU8

https://youtu.be/03YR_yOUNnc

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back