Bandai 1/144 Tie Fighters.

Carnet

Had a fun weekend painting these little guys up. Nothing fancy. The two TIEs are going into a diorama project, the X-1 was just a test subject. The X-1 was based with an airbrush, and then all of the other work was done with a brush. The two TIEs were based with an air brush, and then I masked the wings using two different masking options to see what worked best. Everything came out pretty good.

The colors used were Archive-X ANH Stormy Sea for the X-1 and Archive-X ILM Stormy Sea for the ESB TIEs.

IMG_1925.jpg

This mask was quicker, but was inconsistent. You can clearly see the gaps in the mask. I re-did this one, before painting, but another issue was because of the surface texture of the black parts of the TIE wing, the tape also wasn't staying stuck down.
IMG_1921.jpg

This mask was way more tedious, but provided more consistent results, I had a lot less touch up work to do.
IMG_1919.jpg

Family photo
IMG_1941.jpg

I don't know why this picture keeps uploading upside down.
IMG_1940.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back