Rob Zombie (Hellbilly Deluxe)

ERen89

Hey all,

For Dragon Con and hopefully Halloween if I can successfully pull this off, I am attempting the Hellbilly Deluxe version of Rob Zombie as seen in his "Dragula", "Meet the Creeper" and "Spookshow Baby" music videos. I ordered the colored contacts, and I plan to use this Jack Sparrow technique for the dreadlocks by Alyson Tabbitha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUFZXEjjX7k&feature=youtu.be

I already have long hair but it is not nearly long enough. So because of that and for the sake of time, I decided to go the Wig route.

Does anyone have any tips for someone who has never sported a wig before? I am confident about the actual dreadlock creation and the base wig going off this YouTube tutorial, but as far as the hair line goes, I am wondering how this works. Will I hide my real one or blend the two together? Especially if I want to slide my hand back occasionally and pull all the locks back like I sometimes do with my actual hair and change the direction it sits from on the sides to falling more backward. I feel like that'll expose a seam of myself and the wig. No to mention the strength of the hold of the wig, if I ever am in a position and want to head bang wildly like he does.
I might also include his cowboy type hat to interchange with.

I am pretty stoked for this new project. I have been told by many I share a resemblance to Rob so I hope it turns out well.

Any help is much obliged.

Thanks

Did a test fit tonight. Colored contacts are the missing link so those are expected pretty much the day before I leave. Just got the makeup in, my next step is to start creating dreadlocks on the wig and extensions followed by lengthening the wig overall. I have a lot of weathering to do for the outfit.

I airbrushed a black wig which turned out better than I thought made it look real dead and realistic. I think I’m going to weather some of the clothing in a similar fashion instead of using real dirt. If I ever want to wash it to reuse another time which I intend to for Halloween. Paint is less likely to come out than dirt.

2hnozzk.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back