Recreating Yoda's hut scratch build

Your wonderful interior work needs to be easily seen and accessible too , and if that means an ‘ open air ‘ finish , then so be it .

Perhaps sometime in the future you’ll have it displayed within an enclosed structure so you won’t have to worry about it being damaged or filled with dust ( if that’s another concern ?) .
Ultimately it’s your build my friend and as long as you’re happy with it , that’s all that really counts . I’m just glad you’re sharing it with us !:thumbsup

:cheersGed

Oke... Made a couple more Layers with toilet paper. And how a couple of layers paint (in no way this is the end painting work)

Next step will be other layers of structure.
I may seem like overkill but trust me... It will look like it's real in the end. IMG_20180820_193505.jpeg
aa1569c0140184e456bc6a0cc02e2e3c.jpg
588f93d20b76c418d02a54028019b037.jpg

please don't take me serious I'm crazy :)

IMG_20180820_193505.jpeg

Your build really is beautifully organic looking :p !
I’m imagining it’s what the film construction crew were looking at ( model of ) before and during the actual movie set build ! :popcorn

Ged

Your build really is beautifully organic looking [emoji14] !
I’m imagining it’s what the film construction crew were looking at ( model of ) before and during the actual movie set build ! :popcorn

Ged
Th@nks a lot..... [emoji16][emoji1][emoji3]

Seriously... It's really motivating receiving all the positive reactions, it is helping me going on for hrs and hrs... None stop.
Problem is that I forget to eat, drink or sleep.... I'm like a tank working on something like this. I just go on and on and on...

Makes me want to get out the Kenner figures and play with it... "too old to begin the training" :)
To be honest when I work on the really small details in my mind I'm there I real life.
I'm thinking of everything like what would Yoda do? Like a wise Jedi Master never using his powers to build his home. I think the building of his house would be a sort of meditation and letting thing so the way they come. And being one with the local nature and weather.
The perfection is in the things that seam imperfect etc. Etc.. LoL

And also when I'm ready to do the end detailes I always thinking of how rain falls and what effect would it have and where would mosses and mushrooms grow.. bla bla bla bla ..... My own little fantasy world ..

I don't think it's a bad thing having this as a grown up... I know part of me will always stay a child .. because I want to... Is it not the best feeling in the world to feel like a careless child with a mind with no limits?
That's where creativity comes from.
Charry that inner child and never let it go... No matter your real age ;)

So finished for today... I need to let this layer dry for a couple of hrs.
Tomorrow I will brush off the excess and that will make it look much better.
Next step... Uhhh... Part painting the inner tree because it will not be excesseble with I close it off with still to make tons of roots.

540ed8c85e48356e8e4e93074f95db9e.jpg
1732c71ff268c494e7719d2e5db49e6f.jpg
408accd98620b0bb42cefedfcbee8d6c.jpg
fa4ec5a52a05b5094b49d02e6c0b1ad2.jpg

This is sweet. I was gonna recommend that if you want it fully enclosed, but still want the interior visible, make a couple of resistance panels in the back. That way, it looks enclosed when on display, and no dust gets inside, or bugs decide to shack up with Yoda; then you can remove the panels to show off the interior when you want to.

I've always toyed with the idea of recreating miniature sets from the OT. This is definitely an inspiration to give it a try. I'm loving this build. I can't wait to see the finished product!

This is sweet. I was gonna recommend that if you want it fully enclosed, but still want the interior visible, make a couple of resistance panels in the back. That way, it looks enclosed when on display, and no dust gets inside, or bugs decide to shack up with Yoda; then you can remove the panels to show off the interior when you want to.
Yes I was thinking about maybe doing the same thing... It's only going to be hard now.. but maybe I'm going to try to back the backside that you can take off.

But that's not going to be ready because of the shape and I have no way to shape it from the inside. So I need to shape it in away from the model and in the end it needs to fit... But I think I will give it a try.

It should have been better if I thought about it in advance but that's me . I have millions of ideas I can't think about it too much because there are infinite possiblitys so I just start and that narrows down possiblitys for me.

But still closing it of I'm still going to give a try.

Th@nks :)

I've always toyed with the idea of recreating miniature sets from the OT. This is definitely an inspiration to give it a try. I'm loving this build. I can't wait to see the finished product!
If you ever need any help with how to create a realistic look or any help with what material you could use for something let me know I will be more then happy to help you out. ;)

I have been out fishing for the last 24 hrs, and when I got home I could not helpt myself just to do a little more...

As you can see I bought sorry started creating some covers.. when this is dry I will close it more of and make it removeble.
There is probably a better way to do it then I do now but I have no experience at all.. I only have a vision in my head and always find a way how to create it .. I'm just the for ever Amateur ;)

6fb7bafcde438cbbf132801bafcfd06d.jpg
8a15382ed981e0618c4b62adf712697f.jpg
180b483760d073e95d10c7941c556c7a.jpg

Looking great. Now if you can get a 3d scan and make files so it can be printed... Lol
It is far from done. The backside is just a skeleton to create specific light effect I have in my mind. And I will close that shape in total.

But making a 3D Model out of this I'm not sure, there are probably people who will make a much better screen accurate model then me (I don't spend a lot of time in the screen accurate). And I'm not sure if that what I so would even be something people are interested in to own it.

This way it is a treu one of a kind :)

Besides making a 3D model scanning it in would be a expensive thing to do I guess.

Finished the 2 covers.
You can see some color difference now but that's because I painted them away from each other.
There will follow a lot of more Layers still.
I think it will work out nice and I don't think you will even see the covers off you don't know they are there in the end... Bit we will see..

I'm pleased with the result so far ;)
64d54f0ffd420c98d39ded73481c7cb9.jpg
a839d5e85cc4cf4e1923a3592061fb45.jpg
92a57b48e4f808e485dd42c7e8bacb3c.jpg
e497f0f4aea18c9cf762e1375b3bb5d4.jpg
d153f2c37d2ba5b74a295bc2ebca8c12.jpg

Hey Socrates , those ‘ covers ‘ are turning out great .
I’m sure by the time you’re finished , it really will be indistinguishable from the rest of the structure .
I can understand why you’d want them, and it’ll be a nice surprise for people who’re lucky enough to be there firsthand , to see the ‘ hidden ‘ interior !

Are you planning any water effects around the exposed ‘ swamp ‘ roots ?... which look marvellous btw.!

:cheersGed

p.s. I can’t recall a ‘ door ‘ for accessing the interior of his home . Do you have information regarding this , or will you create one of your own brilliant design ?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back