Recreating Yoda's hut scratch build

Teaser pictures.... And trust me it's not even close to how the big tree is going to look like.
aa4c9d3d04ed3a2676a1d48bfc14bd59.jpg
8c17d2d85826587e9e253750d89e97fa.jpg

please don't take me serious I'm crazy :)

*update*

Have it a coad off thick cheap wall paint to fill in little cracks and this way it looks more like plaster on the inside when I'm going to paint it.
The skeleton of the big tree is almost done. When that's finished I'm going to make the air roots hanging down and filling up the full skeleton on the tree.

3b5a62c5e0e4f45f61a140ad6e704f8e.jpg
84c268694d5c702d32c937cdb3ad19c0.jpg
c636055fd8a93981bf3cc19dcfccb866.jpg
262ee3dcaa7fb272e1ed2d3ec06e39e6.jpg
3e792425ea2209fa05e92f7a3b18f0da.jpg

Absolutely love the lighting effect you’ve designed/ built for the ‘ fireplace ‘ , are you going to have a pot of stew/ food hanging over it ? ;)

Ged

Absolutely love the lighting effect you’ve designed/ built for the ‘ fireplace ‘ , are you going to have a pot of stew/ food hanging over it ? ;)

Ged
Working on it as we speak ;)
it's really hard to get in there for detailed painting and interior design... But that also makes it fun.
Also need to weather the inside and also behind the fireplace.. because it looks to neat.. not realistic :)

Aaahhhhhhh... Gggrrrrr..

When trying to perfect my fireplace it for some reason dyed on me.. and yes how do I get in there again???

No way... So I made a whole in the bottom... And how recreating fire.. a small preview how fire looks like...LoL

f4aaf7b7b099e7bf930f74812e7e4802.jpg
b24aef36926678a5fd79de9f5fd326b1.jpg

Tadaaaaa :)

20d6aed56cefc0e0a109d10dd0c88efb.jpg

Last edited:
WOW :eek !!! .... the fireplace looks fantastic ! ... How’d you come up with the concept ?
To be honest... I never know how.. I just experiment with things and a lot of things it works. I'm really bad in planning so I just start and things happen.
Like I'm in a sort of trance... LoL
I use 1second glue and liquid transpartent plastic that cures with UV light.. and I use matches and burn then to get real burned wood.. and some other things until I will it looks real enough. Sometimes I need to stop making it better to go on... But I always know I can do better then I did.

I got my supervisor btw... Look there is also soup inside.. don't think you will see it in the end but it was fun to make.

7a22a90aa32d95bbc6f7b8dca11f9522.jpg

With all those details you neeeeed to put pinhole cameras inside the hut.
I decided to keep the backside open so you can still look inside. Bit what you say is a good idea for a next project. Just put a couple of pinhole cameras in the walls and close it off and put in the front op the Diorama a small fullHd screen jumping treu the cameras intrude.
Hmmmm not a bad idea ;)

It’s looking superb mate ! The ‘ textured ‘ effect on the exterior surfaces are also convincing ( scale wise ) , could you please share how you achieved their look ?

:cheersGed

It’s looking superb mate ! The ‘ textured ‘ effect on the exterior surfaces are also convincing ( scale wise ) , could you please share how you achieved their look ?

:cheersGed
This layering effect I created by using cut down Peaces of toilet paper sticking it down with watert down PVA glue.

But about the opening in the black.. you don't thing it looks bad leaving a small peace open on the back side? It takes a bit of realisim away...

This layering effect I created by using cut down Peaces of toilet paper sticking it down with watert down PVA glue.

But about the opening in the black.. you don't thing it looks bad leaving a small peace open on the back side? It takes a bit of realisim away...

It may take a bit of realism away but how else can we see the great work you have done!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back