Soldier.... Kurt Russell, I just cant help myself.

doppelganger

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi Folks, Soldier was on again last night and..... of course.... I watched it...... AGAIN.

Not sure why but I EFFIN LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!!

I cannot tell you all how many times ive seen it but....I love it.

Anybody else love this or any other off the grid movie that they have seen so many times it would have worn out a vhs a thousand times over?

IIRC, you can see a junked BR Spinner somewhere on the garbage dump planet, and Todd's record mentions Tannhauser Gate, the Shoulder of Orion, and a few other SF references.

Attachments

• soldier_large_06.jpg
    soldier_large_06.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 145
Yeah its a cult classic as it should be, and like Stargate, Kurt HATED having his hair cut like that

I'm going to have to re-watch and pay attention to the Blade Runner references. I remember the movie, thought it was okay but nothing spectacular. But, now that it links to other franchises, it might be a bit more fun.

The trash ships dumping stuff on the planet's surface also look a lot like the one's in BR 2049's trash mesa sequence, so maybe they borrowed a bit back? ;)

Another film that has a ton of BR references in it, not story related though is Leviathan (1989). Multiple sound effects and graphics etc. I think Syd Mead worked on it. The HD version can be seen on You Tube.

The trash ships dumping stuff on the planet's surface also look a lot like the one's in BR 2049's trash mesa sequence, so maybe they borrowed a bit back? ;)

It may be because of the fact that the film was written by David Webb Peoples, who co-authored the original Blade Runner's script. In fact, a few people consider Soldier a sequel to BR, for not just two noticeable connections in the film (as mentioned here), but the fact that it also continues on BR's main theme of asking "what it means to be human".

It may be because of the fact that the film was written by David Webb Peoples, who co-authored the original Blade Runner's script. In fact, a few people consider Soldier a sequel to BR, for not just two noticeable connections in the film (as mentioned here), but the fact that it also continues on BR's main theme of asking "what it means to be human".

url
Mind blown! I never made the connection

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back