Star Wars Archives: 1977-1983

Roy Batty

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Ar...-1&keywords=The+Star+Wars+Archives:+1977-1983

archives.JPG

Does anyone know ANYTHING about this book? It is a "pre-order" item. I haven't been able to find any info on it.

‘This title will be released on November 15, 2018.’

Made with the full cooperation of George Lucas and Lucasfilm, this first volume covers the making of the original trilogy – Episode IV: A New Hope, Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, and Episode VI: Return of the Jedi– and features an exclusive interview with Lucas. The book is profusely illustrated with script pages, production documents, concept art, storyboards, on-set photography, stills, and posters.

"...script pages, production documents, concept art, storyboards, on-set photography, stills, and posters."

Hm,not really a propbook I would say...but still intersting.

I think its really hard to find good new set-pics today that are really worth to buy a new book.I think this book is again a complete story around the OT.
But when it looks great I´m in (again).:lol

I think its really hard to find good new set-pics today that are really worth to buy a new book.I think this book is again a complete story around the OT.
But when it looks great I´m in (again).:lol
Lol, Its the same reason I ended up buying the stormtrooper, and star wars costumes books.... because there is alway about 5 pictures that interest me so much i will literally buy the book just for them.:lol

Published by Taschen.
If it's anything like the Stanley Kubrick Archives, it should be awesome.
I'm totally ordering this.

The Making of Stanley Kubrick 2001 by Tasche is a superb book, the only problem I have with it it's the odd monolith shape, that is not perfect for a book like this. But the overall design pales in comparison with the high quality printing, and the details of the book itself. I hope this Star Wars will be the same, minus the odd shape (they can make it round like the Death Star though :p)

Hmmmm...yeah hopefully it’s not “monolithic-like”. My 2001 book is awkward to hold, the detail of the pictures is outstanding but horribly truncated due to them being cut in half by the binding, and the binding itself looks like it’s about to go, even though I’ve only cracked the book open a couple of times. Just a terrible design...it could have been a truly great book.

Hmmmm...yeah hopefully it’s not “monolithic-like”. My 2001 book is awkward to hold, the detail of the pictures is outstanding but horribly truncated due to them being cut in half by the binding, and the binding itself looks like it’s about to go, even though I’ve only cracked the book open a couple of times. Just a terrible design...it could have been a truly great book.

That's interesting to know. I'll wait til it goes on sale. Don't plan on buying a book for a few hundred dollars only to have it fall apart. :(

Ben

There's a "monolith" version of 2001 that came out later (yep, the format is terrible), but the Kubrick Archives book has a more traditional format.
At 8"x10" (based on the Amazon description), it seems like this will have a traditional format. :thumbsup

Can anyone confirm that this book will have a majority of photos/ pictures or images that’ll be completely different to the ones by Rinzler ?
Asking cause I’ve managed to collect all three ‘ The Making Of ‘ and several Hidalgo ones , along with L.Petersons ( some DK too ) , and would rather purchase the SW Chronicles ( Japanese Version ) than double down on reference material if that’s not the case .

:cheersGed

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back