Star Wars Archives: 1977-1983

Can anyone confirm that this book will have a majority of photos/ pictures or images that’ll be completely different to the ones by Rinzler ?
Asking cause I’ve managed to collect all three ‘ The Making Of ‘ and several Hidalgo ones , along with L.Petersons ( some DK too ) , and would rather purchase the SW Chronicles ( Japanese Version ) than double down on reference material if that’s not the case .

:cheersGed

Yeah, I'll be waiting to see once they come out. I have all three Rinzler Making Of books in both hardcover & digital. They're very in depth with tons of behind the scene photos (& videos with the digital), & interviews.
With the price of this new book, it's gonna have to be full of all kinds of new content.

Last edited:
Im hoping there would be new Light or at least new production photos of Vader from any of the films! The price seem high and Im hoping its not just the same old recycled photos we have seen for many years

If they got to take photos of all the stuff in the archive storage, then the book will have stuff we haven't seen and potentially be worth the relatively high price. But, if it is a compilation of known information with just a new Text, then it will be over-priced, and a discretionary buy for a lot of people.

Page layout example found on a twitter account.

Screen Shot 2018-08-16 at 13.29.55.jpg

I have the Taschen 2001 A Space Odyssey in its monolithic form and it's a great book! Not so much for the model makers though:cry, but that's another story.
As for this book, I don't have much hope seeing new material.

As beautiful as this looks, I'm still on the fence about this if only because I just sold off my Star Wars photo reference books (save for a few key entries) late last year or earlier this year.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back