My Rocketeer Project *Updated 3/30/09* REPLICA BUCKLE

Re: My Rocketeer Project Updated 3/23/09

Hi, Nice job on the suit. I got my screen used buckle straight from Brad Einhorn back in 2003. He would'nt part with it until the price got up to 2500 bucks. I was on a two year search for that thing that lead me to him. Still never figured out the maker or the type of buckle it was used for. I heard a rumor that a rocketeer fan was going to get these made someday. I personally have molds from a deconstructed buckle that I have succsesfully molded wax pieces from so I'm assuming someone who can cast metal in the "lost wax" process could do it and then get it plated. Hell, a high school metal class could do it.
BTW, I also own the metal flame pack, swamp scene Jacket and pants I also own the metal flame pack and harness, swamp scene jacket and pants and a helmet from the movie. don't even ask what it all totals up to:eek

Thats' quiet a collection you have there! Can you show any pix, Id love to see some!

- Jeff

Hey there. If you need any references I have a good quantity. Of movie material. I even have behind the secene footage of the movie. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Yeah totally, any ref. material you're willing to share would be much appreciated! I've been trying to gather behind the scenes and all ref. shots I can get for better accuracy.

- Jeff

Wow!! Can you post any pics of your stuff?

Hi, Nice job on the suit. I got my screen used buckle straight from Brad Einhorn back in 2003. He would'nt part with it until the price got up to 2500 bucks. I was on a two year search for that thing that lead me to him. Still never figured out the maker or the type of buckle it was used for. I heard a rumor that a rocketeer fan was going to get these made someday. I personally have molds from a deconstructed buckle that I have succsesfully molded wax pieces from so I'm assuming someone who can cast metal in the "lost wax" process could do it and then get it plated. Hell, a high school metal class could do it.
BTW, I also own the metal flame pack, swamp scene Jacket and pants I also own the metal flame pack and harness, swamp scene jacket and pants and a helmet from the movie. don't even ask what it all totals up to:eek

Somebody hijacked my photos and posted them on this guys site. Not sure why, but here it is:

http://www.moviejackets.com/rocketeer-pack.php

ok... hmmm... this is interesting. Cause that is "Mr.Predicta" 's website. Which items are you claiming are yours? I know he's one of the main players in the Rocketeer community, I have done business with him before. Have you contacted him about the items that you are claiming are yours? I'm just looking for a little clarity on this.

Can you post pictures of said items?

- Jeff

I just emailed Mike to see if he can clear things up. His site doesn't state that he owns those items, so they may just be up for Ref. shots.

- Jeff

No sweat. For what it is worth, I was the one who tracked down the Gier "roper" glove and the airbrush fan for the pack. I passed the info on to Rocketbob. it would have been nice to have given the cred for that.

I also went to the location of the store in Burbank that sold the buckles to disney. In there i found alot of the parts that went into the pack and bought up most of everything I could. The biggest find was the balljoint thingy at the ends of the flaps. I have a whole box of those. They are different than the ones most people use.

BTW, are you making any more of those great trigger gloves? I would be interested in a trade or purchase for my replica pack. I also have the MIM pack.

I just emailed Mike to see if he can clear things up. His site doesn't state that he owns those items, so they may just be up for Ref. shots.

- Jeff

I own the metal pack, jacket and pants. the photos were taken in my basement by Rocketbob. the velour pack shots are mine too. It looks as if he intends on offering replicas of the stuff, which would be cool for everyone who wants one. I think he may have replicated the buckle. Rocketbob mentioned to me a while back that someone he knew was about to replicate the lower buckle. Whoever did it, they seem pretty close to the real ones. A bit too much texture on the metal. The Bottom should have a DBGM stamped in it. The real clasp has the tree imprint too. details, details.

ok... hmmm... this is interesting. Cause that is "Mr.Predicta" 's website. Which items are you claiming are yours? I know he's one of the main players in the Rocketeer community, I have done business with him before. Have you contacted him about the items that you are claiming are yours? I'm just looking for a little clarity on this.

Can you post pictures of said items?

- Jeff

Cool! I just want to make it clear that I wasn't trying to flame you. The Rocketeer community is quite small and I've been in contact with many of the main guys when I was getting all my parts together. I can understand if you wanted to stay under the radar. I've had dealings before where someone was claiming they owned certain props that I knew a lot about and never heard their name in the group of known players and in the end they were lying and just trying to scam people. So hopefully everything is cool, not trying to point fingers or flame anyone.

Yeah if you're looking to trade or sell some extra parts you have, let me know! We can def. work something out! And if you have any pictures you're willing to share, please do! I love seeing new ref. shots.

- Jeff

No flame, no shame:cool Let's chat via PM.

Cool! I just want to make it clear that I wasn't trying to flame you. The Rocketeer community is quite small and I've been in contact with many of the main guys when I was getting all my parts together. I can understand if you wanted to stay under the radar. I've had dealings before where someone was claiming they owned certain props that I knew a lot about and never heard their name in the group of known players and in the end they were lying and just trying to scam people. So hopefully everything is cool, not trying to point fingers or flame anyone.

Yeah if you're looking to trade or sell some extra parts you have, let me know! We can def. work something out! And if you have any pictures you're willing to share, please do! I love seeing new ref. shots.

- Jeff

I think he may have replicated the buckle. Rocketbob mentioned to me a while back that someone he knew was about to replicate the lower buckle. Whoever did it, they seem pretty close to the real ones. A bit too much texture on the metal. The Bottom should have a DBGM stamped in it. The real clasp has the tree imprint too. details, details.

Well...great... after looking at some of the ref. shots I have of other people's buckles and the one I have, I did notice a couple differences. I've contacted the seller, and 2 other rocketeer guys to see what's up with this. I'm REALLY hoping I wasn't scammed and taken by a replica. I don't want to start any flame wars or finger pointing until we get all the facts. I just want people to know something fishy MIGHT be going on!

I'm looking forward to getting this all cleared up!

- Jeff

Looking amazing!! I've always wanted to build a pack to go with my helmet, but they're always sooo expensive. One of these days!

Looking amazing!! I've always wanted to build a pack to go with my helmet, but they're always sooo expensive. One of these days!

Indeed!

Plus the only place I've seen a kit is on MiM, and I'm not so sure I want to give them my money considering all the recasting that goes on over there. :unsure

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back