Need Help: Rainbow Six Riot Shield

scampa123

My son has asked me to help him build a Rainbow Six Riot Shield. I am trying to figure out what to use to replicate the flashbulb-looking squares on the front. I'll use LEDs for the flash itself.

By searching the web I found a picture where someone created a replica that looks good. The picture I found has a side-by-side of the game shield and his replica.

Any insight would be helpful!! Thank you!!

cosplayvsgame.jpg

Here is another prop and I think these squares look good as well...just not sure what they are!!

yetanother.jpg

These look like the reflectors from the inside of the old photography flashcubes. I see you can still find them for sale on ebay. If you remove the base from the clear cube you find the reflector will unfold to a strip of four connected sides. These are about 1 inch square and less than a half inch deep. You could even retain the original bulbs if you wanted.

These look like the reflectors from the inside of the old photography flashcubes. I see you can still find them for sale on ebay. If you remove the base from the clear cube you find the reflector will unfold to a strip of four connected sides. These are about 1 inch square and less than a half inch deep. You could even retain the original bulbs if you wanted.

I thought they look like flashcubes as well. I'll try to buy a few on Ebay and see what I can do with them. It would be great to see if I can put them in front of the leds. Thanks!

My son has asked me to help him build a Rainbow Six Riot Shield. I am trying to figure out what to use to replicate the flashbulb-looking squares on the front. I'll use LEDs for the flash itself.

By searching the web I found a picture where someone created a replica that looks good. The picture I found has a side-by-side of the game shield and his replica.

Any insight would be helpful!! Thank you!!

View attachment 835969

Here is another prop and I think these squares look good as well...just not sure what they are!!

View attachment 835970

The last image uses an LED light fixture. It's an older model, but still available. They're the inset ceiling mounted lights, had some at work.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back