Board for the Mighty Chess Birds: Blade Runner

Gordon Gekko

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I am going to begin building a chess board for the Blade Runner birds and I thought I might as well document it here.

My Initial design:

mHqx6SF.jpg

sHqFC6U.jpg

The board will be 24"X24"X8" and will be a combination of different materials. Glass top with remote controlled LED lighting underneath. Finish to be determined.

-GG

Echoing what others have said, brilliant design.

Are the pillars inspired by the ones seen in front of the Bradbury Building / J.F. Sebastian's apartment in the film?

Ted.

The board seeme to bea bit high to put it on a coffee table.
I would be interested anyway.

It really is. I do plan on putting it on some kind of base so it stands on it's own. Just haven't figured out what that will look like yet. Maybe LAPD headquarters or something?

It really is. I do plan on putting it on some kind of base so it stands on it's own. Just haven't figured out what that will look like yet. Maybe LAPD headquarters or something?

Well if you want it to be to scale, height from the floor shouldn't be too hard to achieve.

Attachments

• Blade.Runner.Bluray.1080p.x264.dxva_20180812121434.jpg
    Blade.Runner.Bluray.1080p.x264.dxva_20180812121434.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,701
Perhaps reduce the size of the corner columns and just add more tiles within the center? If you did this by 50% then it would only be 4" high. The base itself may not need to be as thick either?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back