EE-3 (Boba Fett's Rifle) from scratch!

PropReplicator2

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So over the past two weeks I've been working off and on on my scratch built EE-3..

The way I hope to do this is I plan to make a barrel for ESB and a barrel for the ROTJ version of the blaster so that I can make multiple versions off of the same gun and stock molds.

I plan to make the stock connector piece from resin and the rest of the gun will be cast in rubber and filled with a flexible foam.

My progress so far includes a finished and primed connector piece, a gun base (still in progress), and a stock sculpted from styrofoam (still in progress). The rest will be done from scratch as well, and I will attempt to document my progress here as often as possible.

QG2JEpW.jpg

eozKytb.jpg

21YOdOf.jpg

I always have trouble scratch-building an object until I have the real one in hand. This is rather impressive :)

I also have an MK IV flare gun sitting in a cabinet if you need measurements. It's basically just the pistol and handle but Chizbot had an old plan to do this with it.

I always have trouble scratch-building an object until I have the real one in hand. This is rather impressive :)

I also have an MK IV flare gun sitting in a cabinet if you need measurements. It's basically just the pistol and handle but Chizbot had an old plan to do this with it.

I love scratch building.. it makes me really feel like I'm part of the project.. this one has been pretty time consuming but well worth it!

So it's been a few days, I was waiting on some smaller parts to come in for molding. Molded the T-track (3 pieces of it) last night and casting the 12 I need today.

My significant other decided to try her hand at casting (because she told me it couldn't be that hard ;) ) and made a bit of a mess, but it should be easily cleaned up later.. ROTJ barrel base in the back.

qvVBwKx.jpg

Last edited:
Jumped back on this over the past few days.. taking the barrel to the giant sanding belt at work tomorrow or Friday to even out the end and remove unwanted material. Working only on the ROTJ Blaster right now, and decided to build a ESB blaster completely separate!

Attachments

• IMG_20190102_122925389.jpg
    IMG_20190102_122925389.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 169
Okay so essentially I have completely backtracked on the idea of casting the stocks in rubber (if at all). The gun base will still be cast, as well as the barrels, but the ROTJ Stock will be resin (paint drying now) and a whole new stock will be hand carved for my ESB Blaster.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back