My WA-7 droid Prop build

Markas1976

Hi again everyone I am back again with yet another prop droid this one is to be WA-7 the droid waitress on 1 wheel in the diner in starwars attack of the clones hopefully it turns out good ☺

I will also say before I begin this was the cheapest build ever too lucky I have piles of stuff lying around in the house sheds etc that I could use. This build cost me £2 to make its no falcon or scout walker but its a nice project ☺

FB_IMG_1533836138277.jpg
So This is the beginning the post I spoke of plus the round weight disc with a hole that runs through it which appealed to me to save time searching for something similar or having to buy something else besides it more than fits the bill ☺.
I attached them with 2 pieces of wood I cut to size and long screws to join it all together.
Plus I sprayed it silver but left some of wheel black too to match up more to the pics of wa-7 from online.

Also on that previous pic I'd added this plastic piece that appeared at home I don't know where from but I looked at it the previous year and knew one day I'd find use for it well I did here it clicked together but in the centre it had a pipe like bit that joined together to that's what I few through the weight disc also to join the fittings to cause once it clicks together this piece it's pretty secure ☺.
I wish I had a couple more pics of the earlier stages of this build to show some bits sat on there own etc but to be honest it was a sudden decision to build it and I didn't know till was so far along that It may work or not ☺

FB_IMG_1533836141311.jpg
Another angle of it u can c the half circle 2 piece hard plastic bit I spoke of the clips together that just appeared at home from nowhere. it was pretty important at this early stage tho in giving it strength and grip.

FB_IMG_1533836219945.jpg
This is what I meant about lack of pics in early stages that's 3stages I've jumped from last pic to this one now she has additional spine part plus a plastic skirt shape and a head with face

Last edited:
FB_IMG_1533836225577.jpg
Another angle. there is some way to go yet.
the face isn't exactly the same shape as the proper face should b but its not bad at all and it's free another item I had lying around here and it's gona work ☺.

The skirt part is plastic a former sauce tub that I cut a slit into thay matches the shape of the real WA-7.
It's amazing what u can use for making stuff ☺

FB_IMG_1533836239835.jpg
She has a spine style spring for effect that I threw on there the real wa-7 appears to have a spring like piece in that area so it was an easy decision to do it. Robots and springs go together well ☺. As u will also see in this behind pic I have also added headwear to her head and also ear style pieces very similar to her real pic

Last edited:
Yes seth every time I upload a pic I've to go bk just after and remove the link and reattach the pic all over again how frustrating eh

- - - Updated - - -

Also I attached a head ariel to the top of her head u can't go wrong with an ariel in these situations ☺

FB_IMG_1533836232363.jpg
It is amazing what u can do with house hold things lying around or even stuff that could go in the rubbish.
For the Wa-7 headpiece I've added there I used a plastic food container and attached it to the face and head part already there and also added the ear lookin parts too which are actually football shin pads hehe. Of course it's also great what a difference a paint can make to many things too ☺

The yellow round circular eyes wasn't there to begin with. I cut 2 circles out of a tub similar to the one I've used for her skirt and attached them to her face with screws which I painted black to act as the pupils of her eyes ☺

Last edited:
FB_IMG_1533836235780.jpg
This really was a sudden build I was sat not fully finished the last small prop when I got brainwave for this one with a couple thighs in my eye line and I knelt to the floor with the few bits and some screws the jigsaw the drill and spray paint etc and its just happened pretty fast sometimes.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back