The Meg (Post-release)

What did you think of The Meg?

• Total voters
Actually, getting out was incidental. He got swallowed and intended to kamikaze by hacking his way into the shark's internal organs and cutting out its heart. Only after the fact did he realize he could escape.
Just looked up and I guess there are two different endings to the Meg book.
The one firesprite mentioned and in the revised book (the one I read) his sub is eaten whole, while inside the stomach of the shark Jonas has to get out and move the sub into the sharks throat. Jonas then ignites the hydrogen tanks on his sub burning the sharks insides and pulling it's stomach out through the sharks mouth.

I forget, it's been a while since I've read the book. All I can remember was the hero blinding it with high a high powered light but for the life of me I can't remember how he killed it. I think that it had something to ramming a one man mini sub into its mouth and then getting out in an escape capsule or something.

- - - Updated - - -

In other words, the screenwriter saw Guardians 2 and liked what Drax was doing with the space slug and though it would be a great idea to incorporate that idea into this movie.

That's how it was killed in the book which came out in 1997.

Ugh the Shallows... Well it was better than 47 meters down at least.

I went Thursday, it's not a bad movie. Nothing from the book came them aside from the names of a couple characters. I enjoyed it as a popcorn movie. I've seen a few posts from Alten on his FB page saying how happy he is with how it turned out, so hey he finally got his story on screen I'm happy for him even if the story is so different.

I was in the wrong mindset for this. If I had been expecting Sharknado instead of "Die Hard - Giant Shark" I would have liked it better.( I heard it was jump scares and comedy, but didn't read reviews) Yep, needed more shark. In hindsight, my expectations/hopes were just too high. I took my 20yo son and his friend and they want their 3 hours back.

I thought it blatantly pandered to the Asian community hoping to rescue a mediocre movie.

I was in the wrong mindset for this. If I had been expecting Sharknado instead of "Die Hard - Giant Shark" I would have liked it better.( I heard it was jump scares and comedy, but didn't read reviews) Yep, needed more shark. In hindsight, my expectations/hopes were just too high. I took my 20yo son and his friend and they want their 3 hours back.

I thought it blatantly pandered to the Asian community hoping to rescue a mediocre movie.
Not the Asian community, the Chinese community. Huge difference haha. Thats what I was annoyed by too. I get it, it was co produced by a chinese company, I wish I would have known that before getting excited. If it was supposed to be cheesy, it would have been fine, but the movie took itself WAY too seriously, making the characters unintentionally funny and dumb.

My Dad and I saw it yesterday since I had the day off and we both enjoy creature features. Pretty much everything you expect from a giant shark movie. Entertained us for 2 hours, which was all we really wanted from it. it's better than your typical sci-fi creature feature fair, but it's not what I'd consider highbrow entertainment. It's like an older Sci-Fi Channel Original, but with better production values and actors. Don't expect a lot from it and you'll be entertained. Just expect a lot of cliches, dad jokes, and a giant shark eating everything it can fit in its mouth and you'll have a good time.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back