BlacKkKlansman (Post-release)

What did you think of BlacKkKlansman?

• It was disappointing.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think anyone who cares about how human beings treat each other owes it to themselves to check this movie out.
There are funny bits, but it's pretty serious overall.
Also, not subtle about anything.

"I really want to check this out. I didn't think it was labeling itself as a comedy."

It is a really well made movie. The characters are developed, the story is good. I went with the wrong expectation. Not the movie's fault.

Going to try and see it this weekend, heard it is one of Spikes best, and for me his best was X!

I saw it about a week and a half ago and thought it was fantastic. I'd see it again in a heartbeat. The evocation of the era was on the nose and he managed to make upstate New York moderately resemble Colorado Springs, lol -- the scenes near the college and the Police Dept in particular are really good. There are a few pick-up shots or stock footage of local landmarks peppered throughout.

I agree that is not subtle but I'm OK with that. If I have any criticism to offer it's the performances by the actress playing the wife of the "loose cannon" KKK member -- she was a bit like nails on a chalkboard for me; then Snidely Whiplash as the most racist cop in town which almost undercut the seriousness of the characters conduct. That said, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if the performance was actually spot on to a real person. With all the years I spent in retail you meet all kinds of characters.

Also -- the Dave Chappelle sketch that joeranger posted is the funniest thing he ever did on his show!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back