Blade Runner Blaster Mod - .410 "Shorty" dual barrel shotgun

Im new around here but this build caught my attention, really great work! If you are doing a run I would be interested.

I will of course consider everyone that wrote here in the thread to have one! :D

Before my holiday I started making the first molds for the grips, and 2 days ago I poured the first resin batch.
However, the color is still too light for the amber grips :/
Today I have mixed the next batch, and will see how it turned out tomorrow.

AOOgPSy.jpg

And after some polishing it looked like this:

2ZcEK8i.jpgkDBbsNo.jpg

I've already started the mold for the front grip, however I ran out of silicone for now.
But I've already ordered enough to make molds for ALL parts, and should get the delivery during the next week.

For making a run, I'll first try to have all the molds finished, and reproduce the blaster once or twice.
As soon as I've done this, I can have a better estimate for the costs.

In general, when making a run, I would offer it made with resin and aluminum parts.
I could offer it with all parts made of resin, however I think the folding mechanism would get worn out quite fast.

The gun as it is now consists of 42 pieces (excluding screws and springs), though I might still change one or two things for creating the molds.

Another thing that I considered (though I'd still have to see, how much effort it would be) is, that I could offer you custom engraving of the top barell.

Tomorrow you will get an update on how the next try for the grips turned out :)

Greets,
Phil

Looking great! I can’t wait to see more and see the costs. This will be a great addition to any collection.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great prop and the grips are fantastic; love the light color; it's a possibility to have other grips affixed on that weapon. Others have, in the past, made translucent grips or ivory ones also;):thumbsup

Great prop and the grips are fantastic; love the light color; it's a possibility to have other grips affixed on that weapon. Others have, in the past, made translucent grips or ivory ones also;):thumbsup

Yeah, I've already seen the translucent and ivory grips, and I will probably make those as well, but I also wanted to get the color right for the amber. :D

Here's the new test by the way :)
jvlH20i.jpgSDFqFOt.jpg

well, slowly but surely getting along ;)

For now, I have most of the big molds. Just 5 more, and then all the parts are prepared for casting. :D

RpWT8Qs.jpg

well,.. hi everyone still following this thread, and sorry for the bit of abscence recently.

my work kind of took over my life during the past weeks, so I didn't get to continue with the shotgun blaster as much as I actually wanted.

however, I have been able to make all the molds for casting, and I've already made some tests.
Also a friend of mine will help with casting and cleaning up the parts :D
And while most molds are working really good, I might have to redo two or three.

g648x2U.jpg

Once I am happy with the quality of all molds, I will finally announce a limited run :D

looks super nice.
indeed the white version is great, however more ghost in the shell or oblivion looking ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back