Blade Runner Blaster Mod - .410 "Shorty" dual barrel shotgun

Looks great, must be nice to have all those fun toys.....tools to play with (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Well, those are not my own tools, but the ones from the maker space where I have a membership.
However, 30% of the time its broken and 69% of the time its in use.
And since there are a lot of members, its often really hard to get to use it.
In summer the chances are better, but even today I had to wait 5 hours :D

Here's how far I got.
HFTTyYI.jpg

Last edited:
The CNC parts look great, really nice work. We don't have anything like maker space in the UK (at least as far as I know) so our only option is to buy the equipment which for hobby work is normally just uneconomical. I would also be interested if you start a run but no pressure, just nice to see such a creative adaptation of the prop being made :thumbsup.

Looking great in metal! I wouldn't put that foregrip too far from the trigger guard; it looks much better attached to it and going forward under the barrels (my two cents;)).
Keep up the great work!

Since two of my friends have already asked me that as well, I am considering it. :)
First off, I’ll keep posting the progress of this one, and once finished, I’ll post a video of how the folding mechanism etc. will work.

If there’s enough interest for it, then I think I’d make a limited run :)

For now I’ve tried to keep it as close to the original as possible, but according to your idea I went ahead and modelled a grip :)
Here are the renderings:

View attachment 837262View attachment 837263

I think I’d make it either an ember grip, or maybe black with a rubber material optic, to keep it in line with the original materials:)
Also, I’d make it as an optional part, but it’d definitely make sense :D

I think the amber fore grip looks great.

How do the grips feel with the shifted angle?

The grips feel fine to me. The left grip is almost identical to the original, while I modified the right one a bit, to lead the index finger better towards the trigger.
I can also reach both triggers quite well, though I do have big hands :D

Looking great in metal! I wouldn't put that foregrip too far from the trigger guard; it looks much better attached to it and going forward under the barrels (my two cents).
Keep up the great work!

Compared to the original, I shifted several parts a bit to the front, that would otherwise be a lot closer to the trigger guard. I probably could still move parts a bit closer, however, the mechanic for folding the barrel is directly next to the trigger guard. That is why I shifted everything a bit :)

Here's a closeup of the folding mechanic:
bpvT8kA.jpg

The CNC parts look great, really nice work. We don't have anything like maker space in the UK (at least as far as I know) so our only option is to buy the equipment which for hobby work is normally just uneconomical.

In my hometown we also don't have any maker space, but when I moved to Vienna some years ago, I heard that there is one, and I've have been a member there ever since. :)

Please put me down for one if you do a run.
I would also be interested if you start a run but no pressure, just nice to see such a creative adaptation of the prop being made .

Since several people asked me I will probably do a run. However, that probably won't happen before end of september, or october, since I'll soon go on holiday. :D
I want to finish the prototype before leaving, and work out the flaws that I encountered.

For now, here's todays update:

1Ti00pA.jpg3UB4MDr.jpgOP5HvJY.jpgsp3C5Yq.jpg

I still found some flaws in the design, that I had to change, but now it's coming along.
Tomorrow I think I can print the final parts :D
Also, I will have to smooth some of the printed parts a lot more, since with the gloss finish even the finest print line becomes visible :/

On the left side I've now implemented the release button for the barrel to fold.
I hope that I can get it to work by tomorrow as well :D

nVFpWjh.jpg

Very nicely done...now, how about a holster for that baby;)

Well,... I haven't made a holster, but instead a stand for now ;)

fwlWm2b.jpg

I've managed to get the folding mechanism working, and now the button on the left side is fully functional :D

6myL67C.jpgV4rArMW.jpgHZYg0EJ.jpg

Currently the grips are black, but those are just the masters for the molds. I hope that around next week, I get to prepare the amber ones.
I've also taken the blaster apart again, and smoothed all parts a bit more. Then I repainted all, and made it overall a bit darker :)

VercJC4.jpgcuJT7nI.jpgjalXug9.jpg

Next up will be the grips, and the LEDs :)

The CNC parts look great, really nice work. We don't have anything like maker space in the UK (at least as far as I know) so our only option is to buy the equipment which for hobby work is normally just uneconomical. I would also be interested if you start a run but no pressure, just nice to see such a creative adaptation of the prop being made :thumbsup.
I don't know where you're at in the UK but I found some Makerspaces for you.
Don Mac.
http://fablabsuk.co.uk/tag/makerspace/

Awesome work!

A futuristic shoulder bungee sling would be cool for it, imo. Kyle Reese style, hahah.
For those quick-draw replicant retiring days :p

Something like Clyde Barrow's whippet shotguns? A leather strap that goes over the shoulder, like half a shoulder holster, hooked to the grip of the shotgun so it can be tugged and "whipped" out.

So what's the mechanism that makes yours open? Is it involving the bolt handle at all, or is that separate?

I don't know where you're at in the UK but I found some Makerspaces for you.
Don Mac.
http://fablabsuk.co.uk/tag/makerspace/

Thanks but it seems the sites closest to me near London have been closed since 2013 and they were not quite as industrial in terms of equipment as the site used by #Phil83er, but I appreciate the effort. Cheers John

Phil83er, Shotgun looks amazing, great work. Love the stand also (y)thumbsup

Hi everyone,

again, thanks for all your support!! :D and sorry for my absence, however as mentioned before I'm now already on holiday, and before leaving I still had to finish another project, which didn't leave me too much time.

BUT, I still managed to reprint some parts and prepare them for making the molds.
(actually I already finished the molds for the grips, but forgot to take a photo ;) )

As soon as I'm back, I'll make the molds for the rest of the parts, and prepare for a run :)

Until then, here are the pictures of the first preparation steps:
HC9wSEu.jpgYPVQI8B.jpgcO5HZAW.jpg12D08We.jpg

I'll be back with some more updates around middle of the month I guess :)

Greetings from greece,
Phil

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back