Blade Runner Blaster Mod - .410 "Shorty" dual barrel shotgun

phil83er

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi everyone!

Ever since I saw the snub nosed blaster by DaveG, I thought it would be nice to make my own blaster mod.
And since I recently had some spare time on my hands in between projects, I started modelling and 3d printing the first parts for my .410 dual barrel shotgun blaster.

Here are some first concept images.

EFBW97I.jpg
aoO4UQB.jpgWfyFojS.jpg

aaand, since I loved the version of Adam Savages snub nosed blaster, here another variant ;)

REcjD6u.jpg

Right now I'm printing the whole blaster with PLA. If everything works out as I want, and the mechanics work out, I'll maybe even go ahead, and mill the main parts from aluminum.
As for now, here are the first printed parts :)

OZx04QK.jpg

Anyway, hope you like this idea :)
Greetings,
Phil

Well, here's a short update :)

I printed several parts and quickly assembled it as far as possible.
there are still several parts missing, but for now, I'm quite happy with the outcome.

kwQro01.jpgHaQG3XD.jpgXgQzhfa.jpg9M6qPxR.jpg

It's not the cleanest print, but for testing it's fine for now.
But I will definitely go to mill the main mechanical parts from metal. :)

And, here's me with the gun, and another sideprojetct ;)

nYSYiOC.jpg

Greetings,
Phil

Wow, that is a very cool mod Phil!

I really like blaster mods and yours totally fits in ‘the universe’.
It’s great how you have made changes to the trigger guard that also go with the original aesthetic.

Great stuff,

Drew

Wow! Love it to bits...reminds me of that shorten Winchester that Steve McQueen had in that T.V. series. Fits right into the BR Universe:cool

Well,… here’stodays outcome :)

1WKLxbD.jpgRatIug3.jpgcmugaGG.jpguqjrH3z.jpg

Even though theprints are as I already mentioned not the nicest ones, I couldn’thelp myself, and started smoothing and painting the parts. :D

The grips, as youcan see are for now just some placeholders. I’ve already ordered abatch of resin, and I’ll make some molds to produce the properember pieces.

Once this prototypeis finished, I’ll start working on a more refined version. ThenI’ll reprint each part with the SLA printer :)

And I think by the end of next week, I should have finished printing and painting the final parts.

Making one suggestion? If you can get your hands on a wood or plastic pump-action shotgun's foregrip, it'd look fantastic tucked under that front end and give something more comfortable to hold on to. Forgive the terrible photoshop. There's plenty of options at gunbroker; as a non-firearm it's just a mail-order part and you can find them as little as 20 bucks (or even less, if your local gunsmith has some old junk ones replaced from customer guns). Hell, maybe if there's a way to make it in the same reddish clear resin it'd tie the rear grip in well.

bad photoshop.jpg

I dunno, just a thought! It's a fantastic idea you put together, with the different sizes and stretched look and a levergun...it just works so well. I love it, and you've got something awesome here.

wow, any chance of a limited run?

Since two of my friends have already asked me that as well, I am considering it. :)
First off, I’ll keep posting the progress of this one, and once finished, I’ll post a video of how the folding mechanism etc. will work.

If there’s enough interest for it, then I think I’d make a limited run :)

Making one suggestion? If you can get your hands on a wood or plastic pump-action shotgun's foregrip, it'd look fantastic tucked under that front end and give something more comfortable to hold on to. Forgive the terrible photoshop. There's plenty of options at gunbroker; as a non-firearm it's just a mail-order part and you can find them as little as 20 bucks (or even less, if your local gunsmith has some old junk ones replaced from customer guns). Hell, maybe if there's a way to make it in the same reddish clear resin it'd tie the rear grip in well.

View attachment 837177

I dunno, just a thought! It's a fantastic idea you put together, with the different sizes and stretched look and a levergun...it just works so well. I love it, and you've got something awesome here.

For now I’ve tried to keep it as close to the original as possible, but according to your idea I went ahead and modelled a grip :)
Here are the renderings:

ePqZQEA.jpggKdwLP7.jpg

I think I’d make it either an ember grip, or maybe black with a rubber material optic, to keep it in line with the original materials:)
Also, I’d make it as an optional part, but it’d definitely make sense :D

ePqZQEA.jpg

gKdwLP7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
that looks even better than what I was thinking; honestly. That amber grip is especially gorgeous, though I'd say that the black rubber looks nice and unobtrusive.

...I want one so bad...

and, todays update includes:

a bunch of sheet metal:

CPOUa8g.jpg

new printed grips:

O5p0b24.jpg

and a lot of time waiting for the cnc router :D

FvACMp5.jpga1cMlMj.jpgZMxStrF.jpgwTVTRRj.jpg

now I'm still waiting for the last parts to finish, but I'm really happy with todays outcome so far :)

qWLPg5n.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back