Death's Head: Freelance Peacekeeping Agent, yes?

HunterDan

I'm starting work on a Death's Head cosplay build using EVA foam. Death's Head first appeared in the UK Transformers comic in a strip entitled High Noon, Tex before appearing in the main Transformers strip battling the robots in disguise. This mechanoid bounty hunter then spun off into Marvel UK's Dragon's Claws before finding his own home in his own 10 issue mini series. In the 90's he guest stared in She Hulk, Dr Who and Fantastic Four books before meeting his demise Minion that spun into the highly popular (but in my mind inferior).Death's Head II series.
in recent years he has resurfaces in Revolutionary War, Dark Hawk and Iron Man amongst others, had a Marvel Infinite Series figure released all showing you can't keep a great character down for long.
death head comic book.jpg

Weapon Time. Death's Head uses a Morning Star Mace and I've made one for another cosplay (Fink Angel from 2000AD). I used a large polystyrene ball, made a large hole to allow the handle to be fixed to it then started to cover the ball with off cuts of worbla I had. The spikes were triangles cut from EVA foam, covered with Worbla then attached to the main body. I primed the Worbla then sprayed it metallic effect. MorningStarMace2.jpgMorningStarMace0.jpgMorningstarMace.jpg

Back to Death's Head:
With the basic build of a skull created, I then cut out paper templates to gauge the size of DH's triangular front plate.
dh faceplate (2).jpg

When I found the appropriate size, I cut the plate from Eva foam, then slice it into two parts, one part forming his nose and the other the teeth.
For the teeth effect, I scored the detail using a craft knife and used a heat gun to expand the notches.
I then glued the two parts of the face plate together to get the over hang effect and attached it to the skull.
dh faceplate (3).jpgdh faceplate (1).jpg

Last edited:
Sketched up some paper templates for the jaw line.
Bevelled some eva foam cylinders with my dremel tool before cutting in patterns and using a heat gun to open the cuts. These pieces are to be used once jaw is attached.jaw disks.jpgjaw finished.jpg
Ol' Death's Heads horns have given me grief, started with cardboard cones from a craft shop, that I pulled apart to make foam cones, they looked rubbish, so I used vitamin tubes, the cones, eva and more bevelled eva rings to end up with horns I'm fairly happy with.
horn prototypes.jpgworbla horns.jpg
Now to attach horns to the rest of the head piece. I've just gaffed old sunglasses lenses to the interior. I have some red lenses on order and am awaiting delivery.
horns attached.jpg
Next, the eyes, filling in my dreadful joints then sealing the whole thing.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back