"Must-Have" Star Wars props.

Kovnyn

Sr Member
What are some of your "must-have" props and collectables from the Star Wars franchise?

I have a decent start, but I'm nowhere near where I want to be.

And what is your "Grail" prop, that if money and availability were no issue, would satisfy your collection?

For me, my must haves are the various Imperial helmets. I have Vader and a Snowtrooper helmet, and have the classic TK and R1 Shoretrooper on my short list. My overall SW collection has been trimmed down to focus mainly on Darth Vader, Imperials, and droids.

My Grail piece is tough, but it would have to be a Screen Used Darth Vader piece.

I only collect Original Trilogy Imperials so with this focus in mind I tried getting all the items that could be obtained. I have/had 3 grails: Stormtrooper ANH Steling blaster, Stormtrooper ROTJ MGC blaster and Master Replicas AT-AT Limited Edition (since I already have the Signature Edition AT-AT). I got both blasters, but not sure if I will be able getting the MR AT-AT LE.

If talking about screen used then again a big AT-AT studio scale would be my grail above anything else. Other screen used things would be a studio scale TIE Fighter, AT-ST and a full Stormie armor from ANH or at least ESB. I have no interest whatsoever in tiny screen used props like Ewok, Chewie or Yoda hair or tiny Death Star pieces. But in my case these are only to dream about

Although I collect all kinds of SW stuff, my thing is Lightsabers and Blasters so I guess any screen used one of these would be my grail especially the V2.

I always thought a fun way to ask people this would be to say if you had to pick one prop from the following categories for each film to have in your collection what would you choose?

Pick:

1 Weapon (e.g. a specific lightsaber, blaster, or force-pike etc.)
1 Costume piece (e.g. Stormtrooper helmet, Vader's chest box, Han's gun-belt etc.)
1 Model (e.g. Millennium Falcon, studio scale X-wing, or Star Destroyer etc.)
1 Piece of Set (e.g. the Super-laser control panel, the cell block cameras, rebel tactical screens, bacta tank etc.)
1 Miscellaneous Prop (e.g. droid caller, Jedi training remote, Han's Hoth scanner, or Jabba's hookah etc.)

You can apply the logic of what you like to collect, but then it's fun to think about if you had to limit yourself to just one of each, or to pick something that you normally wouldn't care about. For these purposes I would assume that everything is a replica, but I don't think it would change much if they were the authentic props.

For me it would be:

ANH:

1 Weapon : Obi-Wan's lightsaber (hero version)
1 Costume piece : Stormtrooper stunt helmet
1 Model: 6-ft Millennium Falcon
1 Piece of Set: Dejarik table form the Falcon
1 Miscellaneous Prop:Luke's Macrobinoculars (hero version)

TESB:

1 Weapon : Luke's lightsaber (Bespin)
1 Costume piece : Boba Fett's helmet (hero)
1 Model: Studio Scale AT-AT
1 Piece of Set: Han in Carbonite (if that counts!)
1 Miscellaneous Prop: Luke's (stolen) lamp

ROTJ:

1 Weapon : Luke's lightsaber (V2)
1 Costume piece : Darth Vader's Helmet
1 Model: Second Death Star
1 Piece of Set: Emperor's throne
1 Miscellaneous Prop: Boussh's Thermal Detonator

Last edited:
I always thought a fun way to ask people this would be to say if you had to pick one prop from the following categories for each film to have in your collection what would you choose?

Pick:

1 Weapon (e.g. a specific lightsaber, blaster, or force-pike etc.)
1 Costume piece (e.g. Stormtrooper helmet, Vader's chest box, Han's gun-belt etc.)
1 Model (e.g. Millennium Falcon, studio scale X-wing, or Star Destroyer etc.)
1 Piece of Set (e.g. the Super-laser control panel, the cell block cameras, rebel tactical screens, bacta tank etc.)
1 Miscellaneous Prop (e.g. droid caller, Jedi training remote, Han's Hoth scanner, or Jabba's hookah etc.)

You can apply the logic of what you like to collect, but then it's fun to think about if you had to limit yourself to just one of each, or to pick something that you normally wouldn't care about. For these purposes I would assume that everything is a replica, but I don't think it would change much if they were the authentic props.

For me it would be:

ANH:

1 Weapon : Obi-Wan's lightsaber (hero version)
1 Costume piece : Stormtrooper stunt helmet
1 Model: 6-ft Millennium Falcon
1 Piece of Set: Dejarik table form the Falcon
1 Miscellaneous Prop:Luke's Macrobinoculars (hero version)

TESB:

1 Weapon : Luke's lightsaber (Bespin)
1 Costume piece : Boba Fett's helmet (hero)
1 Model: Studio Scale AT-AT
1 Piece of Set: Han in Carbonite (if that counts!)
1 Miscellaneous Prop: Luke's (stolen) lamp

ROTJ:

1 Model: Second Death Star
1 Piece of Set: Emperor's throne
1 Miscellaneous Prop: Endor bunker explosive charge

Ooh I like this too.

Star Wars (A New Hope)
Weapon: Greedo killer, Hans DL-44
Costume Piece: Vader helmet
Model: TIE advance X1
Set Piece: Dejarik holochess table.
Misc. Prop: E-11 blaster

The Empire Strikes Back
Weapon: EE-3 blaster (Boba Fett)
Costume piece: Boba Fett helmet ( because I
already have a Snowtrooper helmet)
Model: Slave I
Set piece: Vader's meditation chamber
Misc. Prop: Full size Han in carbonate.

Return of the Jedi
Weapon: Force Pike
Costume Piece: Imperial guard helmet
Model: B-Wing
Set piece: Emperors throne
Misc prop: Jabbas hooka

I got a lot of what I want. But really really want this..

62872d5d0e5d8cd9ae90e9d673b79a79.jpg

Once I catch up on things, I’m gonna try my damness to 3d model this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems crazy to say, but my, A New Hope, Grail piece is becoming a recoil booster. That's the last piece I need to complete my real parts Obi-Wan lightsaber. I'd love the screen used one.. but let's be honest, that ain't happening. :lol
My ESB grails would be a CFO Vader helmet, & studio scale Slave 1
My ROTJ grails would be studio scales of the B-Wing & TIE Intercepter

...........me too me too!
ANH:

1 Weapon : Han blaster
1 Costume piece : Luke Red 5 helmet
1 Model: Studio Luke X Wing
1 Piece of Set: Falcon Gunner chair set
1 Miscellaneous Prop:Luke's Macrobinoculars

TESB:

1 Weapon : Luke's lightsaber Hoth
1 Costume piece : Boba Fett's helmet
1 Model: Studio AT-AT
1 Piece of Set: Han in carbonite
1 Miscellaneous Prop: Dagobah R2 power charger

ROTJ:

1 Model: Studio Falcon
1 Piece of Set: Jabbas Palace door guard
1 Miscellaneous Prop: Thermal detonator

Last edited:
I'm going to further expand this to the Prequel trilogy, and sequel trilogy.

The Phantom Menace
Weapon: Mauls saber staff
Costume Piece: Mauls costume
Model: Scimitar star fighter
Set Piece: Watto's shop
Misc. Prop: Bloodfin speeder bike

Attack of the Clones
Weapon: Clone trooper DC-15s
Costume piece: I have a clone trooper helmet, so probably... Jango Fett helmet
Model: Reek beast
Set piece: Kamino clone pod
Misc. Prop: Yoda's lightsaber

Revenge of the Sith
Weapon: I have General Grievous' blaster, so OWK saber
Costume piece: Emperor Palpatine's robes
Model: skeletal frame of the Death Star I
Set piece: Vader medical table with droids
Misc. Prop: buzz droid

The Force Awakens
Weapon: FOTK blaster
Costume piece: Poe/ Finn jacket
Model: Kylo Ren command shuttle
Set Piece: Maz's treasure room
Misc. Prop: Huttsplitter rifle

The Last Jedi
Weapon: Ben Solo's light saber
Costume piece: Praetorian guard helmet
Model: TIE silencer
Set piece: ...
Misc. Prop: DJ's slicer keys

R2D2 and Han in Carbonite. Both of which I have. R2 is completed but my Han is still in OOM condition but i'll get there. I also have an all metal airsoft DL-44 plus the black series Darth Vader, Kylo Ren and Stormtrooper helmets. Really hoping they bring out a Boba Fett one soon.

Just a 1:1 scale Millenium Falcon and i'll be happy.

R2D2 and Han in Carbonite. Both of which I have. R2 is completed but my Han is still in OOM condition but i'll get there. I also have an all metal airsoft DL-44 plus the black series Darth Vader, Kylo Ren and Stormtrooper helmets. Really hoping they bring out a Boba Fett one soon.

Just a 1:1 scale Millenium Falcon and i'll be happy.

I have my R2, but even after 4 years haven't finished it... The dome has been done forever but never got around to finishing the legs or body. Just been sitting around collecting dust for years now. Need to get back on it!

I have my R2, but even after 4 years haven't finished it... The dome has been done forever but never got around to finishing the legs or body. Just been sitting around collecting dust for years now. Need to get back on it!

You must. And when its done you have to take him to a Con or similar event. Reactions to him are amazing. Kids giving him a cuddle is soooo heart warming.

Good fun.

You must. And when its done you have to take him to a Con or similar event. Reactions to him are amazing. Kids giving him a cuddle is soooo heart warming.

Good fun.

I will get around to it one day.. would love to see him rolling at some point. I'm too focused on my prop runs and my fett/Vader stuff right now not alot fo time for r2. But make time I shall ;)

The Hero BR-31-FLVRS Ice Cream Maker carried by Willrow Hood in ESB.

I keep hearing that EFX is going to do a limited run, compete with a plaque, acrylic display case, and scoop, but that has been a rumor for so many years, as you all know.

That has to be the BEST ice cream maker in the galaxy. I soooooo want a scoop of whatever it dishes up. It also answers that age-old question: “If the Empire takes over your city, and you are fleeing to escape, what do you grab?”.

“I choose the ice cream maker. Not pictures. Not family heirlooms. Not the kids. No...I choose the ice cream maker.”

Churn on brave freedom fighter. Churn on...

D970414B-472B-4401-B728-81E8719680F9.jpeg

Last edited:
I took this as meaning "If you could only have one, which would it be?" But if I was forced to choose the single prop that best says Star Wars, it would have to be Luke's ANH lightsaber.

My holy grail was definitely R2. Ever since seeing him on Sesame Street when I was 4 years old and realized it was a real thing (in my 4 year old mind, movies were fake and tv was real) I wanted my very own. I made cardboard ones and drew him all the time. Fast forward 36 years and my son and I built an all aluminum one and it's my absolute favorite thing ever.
I made him to be durable so the kids can play with him without me worrying about anything being damaged. They go nuts over him.
14233252_1148865448511721_983600625689235807_n.jpg

This is tough since I already own my grail replica piece, a Vader rotj authentic cast helmet. So now to dream even further it would be a screen used one.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back