RS Scout Trooper Kit Shopping List

TimDowlerArt

Hey Guys,

I'm new to the board and just thought i could get some recommendations on materials i need to assemble a RS Scout Trooper Helmet.

This will be the first time ive attempted to make a helmet from ABS. I have cut and painted many resin helmets in the past but abs is new to me.

I was just curious what are the best material i need to assemble this thing? I'm based in the UK, and would like to know whats the best glue to use, cutting scissors, the best filler to use to fill the gap etc.

If anyone could help with a load of links to amazon or where ever that would be great :)

Cheers guys.

When the kit arrive s it will have pencil marks to cut around . Cut them accurately . Talk to RS about the scissors they use ...they are perfect for the job and probably from eBay ...I just don't know how to describe them .
After that you will need superglue for the strips inside that join the halfs ..and them car body filler to fill the gap ( any brand will do ..Halfords . )
For finishing there is no difference from a resin helmet ...sandpaper and high build primer followed by white primer or gloss, depending upon the finish required .
Ask them to join you to their Facebook builders club .

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back