1:1 Batman wall-mounted 3D light repaint

Howlrunner

Sr Member
I seems like forever since I last posted up anything I worked on, but this was a pretty quick and easy paintup that turned out really nicely.

I bought the Batman 3D Wall Light made by 3D Light FX recently because I liked the sculpt and it looked like it had potential.

Out of the box it looks like this:

tZ2w6Dp.jpg

And it easily unscrews at the back, allowing the face section to be removed:

gUGMOPN.jpg

SfDln4A.jpg

I love painting skintones, so two paintbrushes and 5 colours of paint later, I ended up with it looking more like this:

bs7USoj.jpg

OmO2x7W.jpg

cKO9aZ3.jpg

Xv6zHaI.jpg

Ready to reinstall:

sy4KVsu.jpg

And the finished article:

Qm47w3N.jpg

8YdgJ8A.jpg

UHYFyOJ.jpg

I considered taking out the white lenses (but they're hot glued in, not just screwed, so would be much harder) and installing glass eyes, but I actually really like the white eyed look. Still need to buy some batteries to get the eyes to light up and see what he looks like in the dark.

It looks really good. Where did you get it? It's got Neal Adams Batman quality. I may have to get one myself

I bought it from eBay. There is a whole range of official Marvel and DC 3D lights available. You tend to find them in gadget shops as well.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back