my 3 minutes of fame: darth vader esb costume cosplay contest incl. voicechanger

Impressive!

Chaïm

You Sir are my hero for trooping in the current climate!

thank you so much.
To be perfectly honest, I spend a lot of time to make the suit more comfortable: there are 6 small fans in the helmet and a gigantic fan on my back- powered by 24 batteries... But it's still so hot that I have to wash my suit after every single troop...
vader_mod_12.jpg
vader_mod_15.jpg

Wow! You really embodied Darth Vader's presence! I'm sorry I don't speak German, but it looks like everyone there was very impressed by your costume. You must be very tall also, which helps pull it off so well. Beautiful attention to detail on your costume!

Wow! You really embodied Darth Vader's presence! I'm sorry I don't speak German, but it looks like everyone there was very impressed by your costume. You must be very tall also, which helps pull it off so well. Beautiful attention to detail on your costume!

Your comment really makes my day. Thank you so much for this. :)
I think you are right and the people were really impressed. It was such a great day.

I am 6'7" barefoot and and about 6'10" in costume.

some more editing fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-UX0JZv_7k

a little bit of slow-mo-fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDMO07zCiKY

I have a costume that is super hot....20 minutes max indoors. I made a shirt attached with a bunch of pockets and wear shorts with sewn in pockets. I put in frozen gel packs in all the pockets. With them, I can go out for 7 hours in total comfort. School mascots use a similar system called a Micro-Climate suit. Same thing, but more expensive.

I have a costume that is super hot....20 minutes max indoors. I made a shirt attached with a bunch of pockets and wear shorts with sewn in pockets. I put in frozen gel packs in all the pockets. With them, I can go out for 7 hours in total comfort. School mascots use a similar system called a Micro-Climate suit. Same thing, but more expensive.

sounds great. Thank you for sharing.

I really would love to get to see a pic of your cooling-device?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back