Star Trek: Picard

Meanwhile, I'm one of the few who would rather Picard at 80 is semi-retired and married to Beverly. Especially as I feel they strayed further and further from what made TNG good over the course of the movies.

Meanwhile, I'm one of the few who would rather Picard at 80 is semi-retired and married to Beverly. Especially as I feel they strayed further and further from what made TNG good over the course of the movies.

Stewart is getting up there big time no question. They would have to come up with a viable scenario.

Reading between the lines of this quote.

"He may not, and I stress may not, be a captain anymore. He may not be the Jean-Luc that you recognize and know so well. It may be a very different individual. Someone who has been changed by his experiences. Twenty years will have past, which is more or less exactly the time between the very last movie – Nemesis – and today."

I don't know why but I feel this series may be Picard dealing with his decision to not have a family and maybe the trauma/PTSD of being assimilated and having a clone of himself.

Please don’t lens flare Sir Patrick Stewart to death. It’s exciting to hear him coming back, but the industry seems to now have a knack for destroying what is good. But I’m going to hope that they’ll get this one right.

Maybe he’ll be on an island in self exile, bitter and angry at the universe, refusing to share his wisdom with a clueless younger generation. Better CG! Grumpier old heroes! Guys he’s evoooolved from what you last remember.

Let’s hope not :D

Last edited:
I'm worried we are going to get a bitter old man with very dark story lines since this is being done by the same people who brought us GOT in space with the most likable character being a Klingon in disguise as a human.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back