Star Trek: Picard

Will this be a continuation of the Next Generation timeline as we knew it, or the JJ - Spock goes back in time and advances Starfleet 100 years in one decade by altering the timeline with 24th century technology in the 23rd, which means that even Discovery is now more advanced than the Enterprise, except that Spock did not go back in time THAT early, but it somehow still affected the PRIME timeline as well, but that’s okay because we’ll accept anything with the label Star Trek on it, timeline?

Let’s not forgot the Riker manuever!

https://youtu.be/lVIGhYMwRgs

I actually kinda like stuff like that. Little touches that an actor gives a character to help flesh them out. Movement or verbal tics or whathaveyou. Eventually it becomes a signature of the character. It's particularly fun when it comes as a result of some offhand thing the actor did once, but I also like when it's a deliberate choice.

Will this be a continuation of the Next Generation timeline as we knew it, or the JJ - Spock goes back in time and advances Starfleet 100 years in one decade by altering the timeline with 24th century technology in the 23rd, which means that even Discovery is now more advanced than the Enterprise, except that Spock did not go back in time THAT early, but it somehow still affected the PRIME timeline as well, but that’s okay because we’ll accept anything with the label Star Trek on it, timeline?
Maybe.

:D

Discovery is unrelated. That Enterprise isn't the Trek09 Enterprise -- or its predecessor. JJ-Trek's timeline was altered prior to Spock coming back. The Kelvin was way more advanced and bigger than Prime ships of that time period, up to and including civilian families aboard -- a thing that didn't happen until sometime in the mid-24th century (the Galaxy class possibly being the first -- even the Nebula class didn't seem to do that).

The likeliest fission point is First Contact, with the Enterprise-E crew accidentally dropping enough hints and tech in repairing the Phoenix to give Cochrane what he needed to advance Human tech far further and more rapidly than Prime Cochrane. The NX-01 of Enterprise being named Enterprise instead of Dauntless and being roughly the size and tech level of Prime NCC-1701 almost a century earlier, being in the model lineup on Admiral Marcus' credenza between the Phoenix and JJ-Trek NCC-1701 -- which was roughly the size and tech level of Prime NCC-1701-D, again nearly a century early... Also that they haven't retconned TMP to have Enterprise's NX-01 in the "Enterprise Legacy Alcove", but the ringship that isn't part of the Enterprise/JJ-Trek continuity is still there between the space shuttle and the TOS NCC-1701.

This would also go a long way toward explaining why the Vulcans in Enterprise were trying to hold Humanity back.

While I *am* pleased at the prospect of getting Picard back, I think it needs to be kept in mind that the proposed show will still be made by the same team that's making STD, and that we still have the same split IP issues to deal with which are the reason we can't get good canon-friendly Trek right now. THAT part won't be changing, with Paramount only owning some of the rights to the IP.

It's just my opinion, but I think that's why The Orville is able to deliver such spot-on Trek vibe...because it isn't calling itself Star Trek, and it isn't using established characters..so it's free to explore the 90's Trek vibe without violating IP laws.

:lol Man I have not seen that since it aired! :lol

That skit was the Talk of the Convention Circuit and we had those Uniform tops on sale the next weekend....and IMMEDIATELY SOLD OUT!

Bill made a few just for a few select friends and they proved to be a best seller that year.

I remember, he blew one of his lines and you can see him in the background making frustrated gestures over it.
https://vimeo.com/67326569

Personally I would like to see Picard as a Commodore and as Ambassador-At-Large like Robert April in TAS but without the mandatory retirement.
He could still command a ship and would have more freedom than an Admiral. He could be putting out fires and some diplomacy.
I do not want TNG Phase II. So to me it doesn’t need anyone else from TNG at least a on a regular basis or even in the first season. We could see Picard dealing with his past and deciding his future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I would like to see Picard as a Commodore and as Ambassador-At-Large like Robert April in TAS but without the mandatory retirement.
He could still command a ship and would have more freedom than an Admiral. He could be putting out fires and some diplomacy.
I do not want TNG Phase II. So to me it doesn’t need anyone else from TNG at least a on a regular basis or even in the first season. We could see Picard dealing with his past and deciding his future.

How is what you described not just more TNG? You want picard, in charge of a ship, going seemingly wherever he wants, unless there's an issue that pops up some place that he needs to go put a proverbial fire out?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back