Star Trek: Picard

I always liked to think Picard took Kirk’s advice and never left the Captain’s chair.

just so long as he isn’t an ambassador or something boring.

I am really hopeful for this (I LOVE Patrick Stewart) as long as the focus is on storyline and character development and not special effects. His situation shouldn't really matter as long as there is actually good story-telling and scripts, and they stick to the established Star Trek world and not try to re-invent it.

I agree PSTD is likely to be a theme. Within the last few years Stewart has done research into his own father's war history and found out a lot of context for his behavior to his family after WWII--a time when PSTD was not a recognized condition, and veterans (esp. in Britain) were expected to just suck it up. He even did a very touching show about it. I think that kind of personal relevancy would be the kind of hook needed to bring him back to the 24th century.

Last edited:
I hope they keep the whole aesthetic more or less the same as it was on TNG and the films with the TNG cast. Instead of looking like discovery or the JJ Abrams films.

I agree 100%, no dark, grim Discovery please.
We need the hopeful, optimistic aspect back in Trek that epitomises the series and sets it apart from the all the other gloomy series that seem to have infiltrated the TV landscape.

I agree PSTD is likely to be a theme. Within the last few years Stewart has done research into his own father's war history and found out a lot of context for his behavior to his family after WWII--a time when PSTD was not a recognized condition, and veterans (esp. in Britain) were expected to just suck it up. He even did a very touching series about it. I think that kind of personal relevancy would be the kind of hook needed to bring him back to the 24th century.

I really enjoyed Patrick's episode of "Who Do You Think You Are?".
If you haven't seen it, it's a series here in the UK, where celebrities are given a glimpse into an aspect of their family's history by professional genealogists.
Patrick's episode was fascinating, definitely worth a watch.

Reading between the lines of this quote.

"He may not, and I stress may not, be a captain anymore. He may not be the Jean-Luc that you recognize and know so well. It may be a very different individual. Someone who has been changed by his experiences. Twenty years will have past, which is more or less exactly the time between the very last movie – Nemesis – and today."

I don't know why but I feel this series may be Picard dealing with his decision to not have a family and maybe the trauma/PTSD of being assimilated and having a clone of himself.
GBmNXxR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here’s a test.

what if he’s portrayed as a bitter old man. Long since retired, he’s given up hope on humanity and the entire galaxy. He lives alone. Probably in France.

Ensign Sue comes to learn from him, but he shuns her, because the galaxy sucks. Eventually he grudgingly gives her one (1) lesson. Then she goes off to captain the Enterprise without him.

good isn’t it?

Everyone who dislikes this idea is sexist.

Here’s a test.

what if he’s portrayed as a bitter old man. Long since retired, he’s given up hope on humanity and the entire galaxy. He lives alone. Probably in France.

Ensign Sue comes to learn from him, but he shuns her, because the galaxy sucks. Eventually he grudgingly gives her one (1) lesson. Then she goes off to captain the Enterprise without him.

good isn’t it?

I really like where this is going, but may I change a few details?

Okay, so get this... Picard is on an island, and no one can find him. It's been years and some new academy of students he started went awry when one of his understudies and a group of followers took out his academy. He lost all hope and vanished.

Elsewhere there is a desperate need for finding Picard, so they store this secret location into an android named Beta....

Wait this is sounding too familiar. Just scratch all that...

I agree 100%, no dark, grim Discovery please.
We need the hopeful, optimistic aspect back in Trek that epitomises the series and sets it apart from the all the other gloomy series that seem to have infiltrated the TV landscape.

Never going to happen with the STD crew behind it. They don't know how to do anything that isn't dark and grim.

Change his location say the Academy

He is the new Boothby crotchetly dispensing wisdom, advice, and of course his Sex adventures around the Galaxys Holodeck Programs.

His Risa Rocks Program even comes with a free Horgan you can keep on your shelf

Here’s a test.

good isn’t it?

I agree that he should be in Starfleet Academy. Have him instructing students in the history of Starfleet where the show would turn into a vignette with Picard narrating. This way they wouldn't be tied to a particular era. It would be similar to The Outer Limits or the Twilight zone, just all dealing with Starfleet's history.

TazMan2000

As long as they dont stick a depressed Picard on a lonely island and have him drink sea cow milk, I'm good with whatever they do.

I think it's going to focus on him trying to find, reconnect with his 1 long lost son that was mentioned briefly in TNG and then totally forgotten about in the later series/films. I think they have some heavy stories to tell with him, and i only hope that along the way he gets to also visit his old TNG cast mates.

Looking forward to the very special episode with Worf titled "No one ever listens to Worf" lol.

He was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO into his archeology.
That is how I totally see him spending his later years.

I think this could actually work.

Say he never planned to leave the Captain’s chair, as Kirk advised. Refused promotion until he was either injured or something happened that makes Starfleet force him to retire. Years later he’s an exo-archaeologist, nabbing artifacts from the nuetral zone and what not. He’s basically Indiana Jones in space. He’s living the life he did as Galen when he was undercover in The Gambit, but not a lowlife smuggler.

Then he stumbles onto some big plot (like Nazis trying to find the Ark) and reports it to Starfleet. They send in the Enterprise F to investigate, he goes along as an advisor. Something bad goes down, the Captain is killed, and Picard has to take command, unofficially at first, but then gets reinstated along the way.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back