Random: 1:1 Scale Tyrion Lannister

Sir Ken

Certainly a random item for the 3d printer but...

4' 5"
1400 hours print time
PLA
220/60 temps
.2 mm layer
Cut into 10 pieces from the original (scaled up) model off Thingiverse.
Approximately 6 days per piece of print time.
My first attempt at airbrushing anything.

I've ordered some faux sheepskin for a future cloak he's going to be wearing.

8.jpg
4.jpg
1.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Wow dude:eek!! Certainly not your "run of the mill" 3-D printing project. You're the first for sure; Pro-Job on that one(y)thumbsup

That is amazing! You must have access to some wonderful equipment!

Is he going to be part of a larger display? What, if I may ask, did it cost to print and piece this together?
You've done a fantastic job!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow dude:eek!! Certainly not your "run of the mill" 3-D printing project. You're the first for sure; Pro-Job on that one(y)thumbsup

Thank you.

This is insane.

I LOVE IT!

…and thank you.

That is amazing! You must have access to some wonderful equipment!

Is he going to be part of a larger display? What, if I may ask, did it cost to print and piece this together?
You've done a fantastic job!

I was just going to print his face to practice airbrushing, as I’ve never tried it. Nothing else planned… at this point. Just a CR-10s 3d printer and a cheap Iwata airbrush… and lots of free time. Maybe eight rolls of PLA at around $18 a roll.

Thank you.

Very random but VERY cool too!

Thank you.

Impressive!. I would suggest painting it in flat colors, specially his face and hair for a more realistic look.

Yeah I coated it with mat Rust-Oleum in between colors to protect it. I was afraid to put another coat of something other than what I’ve been using for fear of screwing it up. I’ll look for some Rust-Oleum flat and it should be ok to use it over this.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back