$299 3:4 scale arcade cabinets

And you can order/pick up at Walmart? This looks promising. I just hope they offer a multicade with the 60+ games.

I'm stoked they have the roller ball!! it would be killer if they make a donkey kong - mario bro's - D.K. JR and?? :popcorn

I'm stoked they have the roller ball!! it would be killer if they make a donkey kong - mario bro's - D.K. JR and?? :popcorn

I suspect they will create a lot more games after they roll this out, I just hope they don’t jack up pricing though.
I don’t have room for a bunch of games anywhere, so I really would love to see one 60+ game multicade version, and since I am limited on space, one at this size would be just enough.

They look great but 3/4 size is no good for me...... I want this one and i'd never fit in it....lol

starwarsArcade_SitDownCabinet.jpg

Love this idea, but seems a little pricey considering each cabinet only contains around 3 games. That said, might not be able to resists a Mortal Kombat cabinet.

Great idea but pre-packaging the games in bundles is a mistake if you ask me. why not use a generic cabinet and allow you to mix and match the games. would make future release easier as well. At that price point your not going to get a lot of people picking up more than one to get all the games they want.

Great idea but pre-packaging the games in bundles is a mistake if you ask me. why not use a generic cabinet and allow you to mix and match the games. would make future release easier as well. At that price point your not going to get a lot of people picking up more than one to get all the games they want.

Or just make the cabinets available for WAAAAY cheaper..

and everyone can throw in a Raspberry Pi/RetroPi install.. and have an instant 10000+ games at their finger tips!

Here is one I am have been slowly putting together:

http://dmstudios.net/misc/arcade_cabinet.jpg

Cut from some 1/8-3mm play on my laser cutter.. this is a MINI cabinet..

houses a RPi and unlimited games (well.. limited to your space!) LOL

I dont see much on their 'specs' page about anything important (17" LCD at least)..

as far as electronics.. all I saw was a little black box mounted on the backside of the monitor? (about the size of a RPi?!) LOL..

and everyone can throw in a Raspberry Pi/RetroPi install.. and have an instant 10000+ games at their finger tips!

Looks great - Ive always toyed with the idea of setting up a MAME setup one day. Unfortunately not everyone has access to a laser cutter or the skills even if they did!

Well if you are need of a small cabinet cut out some day.. let me know.

I need to re-do a few pieces.. because I still never decided on a final display for use...

(but hooked it up to my HDMI TV in the living room for a while to set-up & play some games!) HAHA

I dont see much on their 'specs' page about anything important (17" LCD at least)..

as far as electronics.. all I saw was a little black box mounted on the backside of the monitor? (about the size of a RPi?!) LOL..

Yeah.... most of us cannot cut out a cabinet let alone even understand how to set up Raspberry Pi and how to make it all work. :lol
If I could figure that out, I would set up a system for sure.

To be honest.. I am a RPi noob as well.. (seriously)...

Arduino based stuff.. I have a MUCH better handle on... but RPi.. I just follow along on the posts made in forums..

Its actually quite easy..

quick and dirty summary:

Get an RPi
Download the RetroPi 'image' to the SD card
Download the game ROMS of your choice
Transfer (upload/drag-n-drop) ROMS to the RPi folders (there are specific folders for specific game types, MEME, Arcade, NES..etc)

plug into TV
plug in controller

RE-LIVE YOUR CHILDHOOD! LOL

Seriously.. its not much more difficult than that to get started.

When you want to map out certain buttons for certain games.. or add support for 2 players...etc you need to go in an edit a config (text) file...

The guys here at work have done it.. (and they are not techy at all).. they havent went the full ARCADE cabinet route with joystick/screen....

They just did the above.. plugged in a USB NES controller and used their HDMI tvs in the living rooms! LOL

The laser cutter aspect I understand.. However.. there are MANY MANY members here with one or access to one..

-AND-... most areas (in the US) have a Makerspace fairly close they can use if need be.

I dont mind helping a few people out!

I have no doubt you'd be able to set up a system like this! Its pretty much already been mapped out.. and they even have a whole FORUM dedicated to just RetroPi based stuff..

Been around for a few years now.. and they have only made it easier! :)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back