Another Iron Man Arm Gauntlet MK6, Mark VI mini rocket launcher

propmaster2000

Sr Member
A while back, DrCyanide started a thread about the Iron Man MK6 Forearm Mini rocket Launcher and he was "hoping someone with more experience knows somewhere I can look". He has come a long way since he started and has created a unique set up of his own. His files will become available on Thingiverse.

Since I am relatively new at 3D printing, I thought I would try my hand at making a version of my own and since I did not want to "jack his thread" with my version, I started my own thread.

Iron Man Arm Gauntlet MK6, Mark VI, Dual mini rocket launcher

I do not plan to take my set up all the way to completion since I have many other things on "the table" (work bench) at this time.
This is only an exercise to learn the printer and it's capabilities.

When and if I make any changes, additions and modifications I will post them here as an update.
My version is only a mock up and far from completion and only shows "proof of concept" of a different way of doing it :)
(I put a lot of time and effort into the design and will not be making the files available at this time, but may have a Kit of all pre-printed parts to assemble one unit).

Thanks for watching :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the shout out. I really like the thicker rockets in yours, as well as the pure mechanical implementation. Also, it's pretty cool seeing the full ring assembled - I know I'm a ways off of being able to do that.

I suppose in reality, I can't say that my multi-rocket launcher is anything like what is seen on Iron Man.
The only thing that I can say about it is that it will be designed to be worn on the forearm and give the
impression that it can fire several rockets at the same time.
Iron Man-esque.....

So far I have managed to produce several mock-up individual launchers to be worn, to help see where I should go next
on my version, which all it does is open the hatch (door), lift the launch platform (to reveal the rockets) and close again.

I did manage to put a little more time into re-designing my original test mini-rockets to the ones you see here:
They look more "Rocket Like".

I also added the little ridges to the upper portion and refined the cone shape.

ironman rocket.JPG

Last edited:
So far I am pretty satisfied with my design and function of the Forearm Mini "Dual Rocket" Launcher platform.
It was originally designed to be as small and compact as I could make it with the mechanical "launch" action being a
"cable pull" set up (no motors).
While I was at it, I wanted to see if I could indeed make a few modifications (while still keeping the compact design) by
adding a 9v mini-gear driven motor to the original template.

I still have a few things to iron out which will be included on the next print, but I think the mock-up (proof of concept) is
proving that it can be accomplished.
If I am going to make several of these, I need to be able to order all the "mechanical" components repeatedly.
I may have to machine a very small pulley on my lathe for the small DC motor however.

Thanks for watching :)

propmaster2000

I managed to put some more time in to the next modification of my version of the forearm, multi-rocket launcher.
Adding a small gear motor was my next challenge and I think I pulled it off nicely :)

Since this is the most recent attempt, I think I will keep it.
Using the 3D printer will assure that they are all the same and function adequately.

Here is a video showing the function as it is now.

Thanks for watching.

When I set out to create a forearm "Mini-Rocket" missile launcher as a costume piece, it was meant more as a challenge
to see what I could create using my newest skill set and 3D printer and most likely it will never be used as a costume accessory.

I wanted to see if I could use simple miniature DC gear motors without the use of a micro controller. Just add the proper voltage
and all the motors activate at the same time.

I think I have come up with a way to do this and readily repeat the process of duplication without fail.
When this project is complete, there will be 6 Launchers attached together and able to fit on my forearm and by pressing a single
button the launcher will come to life.

So far I have all the pieces ready for final assembly. There are 6 machined aluminum pulleys that I had to make.
All the parts are printed ready for glue. Six individual full size mini-missiles.

ironman forearm missile launcher sm..jpg

I know this is nothing like the Iron-Man prop, but it was fun and a great learning experience for me.

Last edited:
Very cool project, looking forward to seeing it come together! :) any plans on releasing the files yet?

Cheers, Cri7e

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the kudos Cri7e :)

I'm most likely not going to publicize the files, but may sell a "ready to assemble" kit of parts for one missile launcher.
If you are looking for a different version of the launcher, there is a thread that shows another version with files available
to print your own.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back