Christopher Robin (Post-release)

What did you think of Christopher Robin?

• It was great. Loved it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it.

• It was disappointing.

• It was bad.

• Total voters
Enjoyed this. The wife spent her time sniffling through it. A shame that only eight people were in the theater.

At first i was unsure of them going for the original stuffed animals look...but once I watched it i really liked that they did that.

It made me go back and look into all sorts of things that i never knew about Pooh when I was young...like the fact that virtually all of it came from real life places and stories that A.A. Milne made up with his son..who is Christopher Robin. I never knew these things before!

I was also pleased to learn that many of the scenes that took place in the 100 acre wood were actually filmed on location--at the former Milne estate! VERY cool!

Havent seen it yet... I been hearing good things though!

Sort of an old school 'pooh fan' myself.. hope they do it justice!

Finally saw this. A couple bumps, but liked it very much.
As for "not looking like Pooh", are you guys thinking of the Disney cartoons instead of the books' original illustrations?

Peter Capaldi as Rabbit. I would've never known.
Chris Pratt is listed as a porter in the Sussex station. Went back to look, couldn't find him.

Shepards original illustrations.

Just watched this last night and I enjoyed it.

Already bought all of the Plushes loved how they Portrayed them

Finally saw this. A couple bumps, but liked it very much.
As for "not looking like Pooh", are you guys thinking of the Disney cartoons instead of the books' original illustrations?

One criticism I have is they tried to have it both ways, by leaning towards Shepard's designs but letting some of the cartoon designs creep in as well (especially Tigger), in addition to using some of the cartoon music and of course Jim Cummings et al. It was a little meta and distracting. I don't think there should have been any cartoon influence/reference.

I hear you but it IS Disney, Pooh is second only to Mickey in bringing in the bucks so...

I’m sure if the real Christopher Robin was still alive he would have lamented this new version sad how he ended up hating the whole affair

I enjoyed it. the characters were designed after the Steiff mohair plush dolls released way back when, which were faithfully copied from the Shepherd illustration in the books. The Steiff plushes are worth a lot as collectors items now! I'm not sure whether Steiff made all the characters from the books, though.

Steiff makes sure almost all of their offerings are worth a lot!;)

Most of their offerings are the “Disneyfied” version of Pooh.

I wish they would do “ED” as he was originally owned by Christopher Robin!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back