PRESENTING: My ANH DH-17 blaster made from a HEAVILY modified Nerf gun

Jedifather

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I put a great deal of time and effort to try and get this as close to the original prop as possible. I guess you could call it an idealized version, since the real blaster was a
cobbled-together mess. I haven't added any of the greeblies yet. I wanted to get the base blaster done first. The scope is the one that was on the Nerf. I ground off the plastic "scope rings" and had to lengthen the tube a little. The cone is just an Armor-All cap and a piece of translucent red rod. I'll eventually get a correct cone.
I think the only part that hasn't been modified in some way is the texture on the grip. I was very careful not to damage it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

IMG_8058.jpgIMG_8057.jpgIMG_8054.jpgIMG_8060.jpgIMG_8059.jpg

So I started with this:

IMG_1422.JPG IMG_1423.JPG

I filled the existing trigger guard with resin and then cut to the correct shape.

IMG_1424.JPG IMG_1425.JPG

I made resin castings of real Sterling parts.

IMG_7852.jpg

I had to add this piece because the Nerf had the screw head on the wrong side. And also I wanted the lettering in there. It came out better than I expected.

IMG_2629.jpg IMG_2633.jpg

You can really see the detail with just gray primer

IMG_3682.jpg IMG_3683.jpg

Had to make this port a little smaller

IMG_2757.jpg

This was still early on, but at least it's one piece again. This was before I shortened the
ribs on the muzzle and the cone section

IMG_E2715.JPG IMG_E2716.JPG

And the scope.

IMG_7147.jpg IMG_7148.jpg

@Mara Jades father ... Frank, you'll like this

I'm already all over it. Jedifather was kind enough to get me in on the ground floor. I need some time to work on it but this is going to be the build I have been waiting for.

I have some images too.

The first one is a comparison of (top to bottom) MR, the new cast, and a slightly modified Hasbro dart gun. Since the MR is pretty much a modified Sterling design, it illustrates what I believe to be it's oversized issues of building a A New Hope version with a sterling.

The second photo is a better shot showing the difference in the new cast and the improved body style to that of a Hasbro.

Attachments

• IMG_1948.jpg
    IMG_1948.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 445
  • IMG_1952.jpg
    IMG_1952.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 447
I am looking forward to getting a start on mine. I have some greebles on the way. I am still not sure what to do about a scope rail.

i also not sure about the conduit for the rail section. I know i could just get some metal tubing but I would actually like something that had a flat on one side.

Oh man, I really wanna try one of these myself! Great work duders!

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

I think i'll be starting this project soon ;)

Any luck adding pipe to the scope rail, yellow wires or those Michell parts on the right side?

- - - Updated - - -

or the imperial disc on the left side lol

nice coiled wire!

I've only gotten so far as one scope mount and the rods. This looks excellent.

5848543D-1905-4F8D-BFF7-60AA49797373.jpeg 5848543D-1905-4F8D-BFF7-60AA49797373.jpeg
I think i'll be starting this project soon ;)

Any luck adding pipe to the scope rail, yellow wires or those Michell parts on the right side?

- - - Updated - - -

or the imperial disc on the left side lol
Well, originally I thought of using hobby store brass tubing, but it was pretty expensive. $7-$10 a foot, and you need 2 pieces per blaster.
So, I was in Walmart not too long ago, and these hit me in the face....

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back