Blade Runner Blaster

juhone

Hello RPF! This is my first post here even though I've been lurking here unregistered for quite some time. Anyways, I thought my recent build might interest you guys.

I watched again Tested.com's and Adam Savage's Snub-nosed Blade Runner Blaster build videos and thought that it'd be fun to have BR blaster on my shelf. I went to Myminifactory.com and found pretty solid looking BR blaster. It's made by Andrew Forster, so much of the credit goes to him. I printed the blaster with my Prusai3MK2. I tried a new automotive spray filler from local hardware store and it worked pretty well and was easy to sand. Then I tried Alclad's metal paints also for the first time and they were awesome, even though pretty smelly. Then it was some weathering with oils and I also added some decals for text and numbers. To finish the build I wired some LED's in the magazine. This isn't canon correct by far, not only because of the model inaccuracies, but I wanted to do a totally different color scheme with darker look.

Hope you like it - Juho

blaster_1.jpgblaster_2.jpgblaster_3.jpgblaster_4.jpg

Nice job! I will echo Kylo1 and say I too love the paint job and weathering!! Definitely looks like it could be a "standard issue" model...

I'm really digging the grip texture. Is that cannon? I can never tell due to the translucent appearance of the Amber grips?

Kylo1, shpider, MattBlack, Bad Wolf, Noeland, Anakin Starkiller, joberg - Thank you very much! Such a nice welcome to this forum.

Kokanee - Yeah, once you get the printer dialed in, it's pretty good. And yes, it's PLA.

modified - No it's not totally canon. Though the grim has that kind of pattern, but I just winged it. I actually printed a sheet of the diamond pattern with better quality and cut it into shape.

Chicken Head - Haha. I've newer worked with leather :D Maybe some day.

Here's some making of shots. I'm doing a small video of the project too, so keep an eye on that later.

IMG_2042.JPGIMG_2070.jpg
DSCN1650.JPGIMG_2072.JPG
IMG_2074.jpgIMG_2086.jpg

Using skewers and dowels on a foam block is how I paint my props too. lol Also what brand of primer is that? I'm always on the look out for different brands of filler primer to test out and your masters turned out pretty damn clean. Btw what aclad did you use? I'm guessing stainless steel?

I'd love to know too; I did a similar look for one of the waterguns (since mine had blue grips) but I'm still mixed on the look of the upper components I ended up with. The weathering's fantastic! Really makes me realize I need to have another go-round sooner or later...

modified & Stojespal - The filler is abrand called "CAR-REP" and the can itself is called "Professional Filler Spray". I think it's a Finnish brand so I don't think it's available globally. The Alclads I used were Steel (ALC-112) for the top parts, Chrome (ALC-107) for the part that spits out the shell?, and Gunmetal (ALC120) for the rest of the body. For the weathering I used 502 Abteilung Starship filth (ABT F510)and Metal power silver (ABT 205) oil colors.

whb64 & joberg - Thanks!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back