Robocop Helmet Paints

mutronics

Sr Member
Just finished painting the last of my Robocop Helmets

Thanks for the painting tips Keith

Pete

0F037131-F68F-4160-A037-D61E1D03525F.jpegDC9480FC-342A-474B-91A0-D886F945D229.jpeg32F3F177-4DB3-4641-AC68-DBC85AA24255.jpegF59B3169-DF0F-4BB9-8A5A-3984422ED1F4.jpeg

Pro-Job Paint on that one mate:cool

Cheers joberg!

Beautiful!!!!!

Thanks GF!

Nice work!

-Rylo

Thanks Ryle!

Looks fantastic. Could you share the paint scheme so that we learn from your approach? Cheers

Thanks! I used Halfords Ford Nimbus Grey for the base then sprayed the blues and purple inks. Mostly blue on the sides and top back then purples on the front and lower back.

These were acrylic inks so I had to cover this with testers clear coat.

I then used Halfords clear lacquer which I built up spraying two coats a day over a week. I let this dry for a couple of days then wet sanded and then t cut it to a shine.

I found if i oversprayed the lacque it would crack and ruin the paint. If you need to strip all the paint and start again as I did, then 99% alcohol is what you will want. Works a treat and the resin was fine.

The Black was from a hycote mat black spray can.

If I send you a helmet would you paint it for me? Oh, if you could provide a helmet as well that would be great!

If I send you a helmet would you paint it for me? Oh, if you could provide a helmet as well that would be great!

I could paint one up for you If you have one. This was the last one I had, although I am planning on making another and moulding it towards the end of the year.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back