Superman 3, "Bizaro Supes"

Kovnyn

Sr Member
For all their cheese, the Christopher Reeve Superman movies were what I grew up with. One of the most memorable ones for me was Superman 3. To this day, I love Richard Pryor, and the scene where the older female villain gets turned into a cyborg gave me nightmares as a kid. Still creeps me out a bit, and I'm almost 40, lol.

If I were to ever do a Superman costume, I'd want to do the Bizaro Superman (I know it wasn't the Bizaro from the comics, but that's what it reminds me of). Dirty, dark and disheveled, getting hammered at the bar, then beating up Clark Kent. It just wasn't what I expected of a Superman movie, and I think that's the reason it stuck with me.

I think it would be a fun costume. Anyone done it?

I've thought about doing it. I already have probably the most accurate replica out there of the standard costume:

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=289596&highlight=reeve+costume

All it would take would be this pattern but in darker colored fabric. I've already found the same fabric used in the above suit in evil colors. If you search spandexworld.com for "football pants" you can find the type of fabric I used. They no longer carry the "turquoise" that I used for the standard costume, but I believe if you used their "gold", "burgundy", and "royal blue" you'd be pretty close to the exact colors used in the film. I've made replica evil capes and belts for other clients in the past, so that part would be easy. The tough part would be accurate boots. Or, you could always do what they did for the actual movie and spray or dye regular superman boots burgundy. If you look online for pictures of the actual evil boots from the film, you'll see that they are bright red on the inside, as they were recycled from the first two films.

Only thing that has stopped me from pulling the trigger is cost. Overall cost estimate after buying the materials and having things made is about $$2500 for a screen accurate version. If you're willing to accept a less accurate replica, it drops greatly from there.

Clearly, people here have way better skills than I possess, but here was my comic book effort from 12 years ago:

29928460548_a4d4643d7a.jpg

The only alteration I did was to make a George Reeves-style (backwards) logo. A friend of mine helped me tweak a devil's cape so I could attach it to the store-bought costume. One of my co-workers asked, "Why is Frankenstein dressed like Superman?"

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back