Gatchaman/Battle of the planets God Phoenix build

Weaselhammer

Sr Member
I recently decided to build the God Phoenix ship from Gatchaman / Battle of the planets. I really loved this show as a kid and the ship always had a special place in my heart! Here are some build pictures!

20180609_200141.jpg
I made it out of scrap Sintra and styrene all by hand. I made all my patterns drawn out freehanded too.

20180612_185927.jpg20180611_192029.jpg20180610_195003.jpg
The wing pods were turned on my lathe and the engines were made from pvc couplers with the grooves carefully cut into them with my bandsaw.

20180613_155155.jpg
I cut all the panel lines into the plastic with a self made tool inspired by the handtools they use to cut designs into gun stocks.

20180614_185631.jpg
My Phoenix is 18 inches in wingspan and 18.5 inches long. I plan to sand it again and refinish it in the future as I am not happy with the rushed paint job, but I need to finish commissions first !
www.vectorsigmacreations.com

One of my FAVORITE cartoons as a kid! Was Battle of the Planets here. (US)..

Loved the helmets thread.. and this is a perfect addition!@

great job!

Wow, great build! I loved running home to catch this show every day after school. Years later I got my hands on the original series. This really brings me back, thanks.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back