Mission: Impossible - Fallout (Post-release)

What did you think of Mission: Impossible - Fallout?

• It was disappointing.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was bad.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Vivek

Master Member
Last edited by a moderator:
How the hell do they keep making these movies... and have each one surpass the one that came before it??

I just walked out of the cinema and boy! What a movie! I was on the edge of my seat throughout all the action sequences. Definitely one of the best 2018, and the franchise, has to offer.

Thee and a half. The action does a good job of hiding the plot holes.

It’s always fun to see places in movies I know pretty well. (Paris and London)

They definitely should have kept Cavill’s identifty secret until the scene with the Secretary, it would have made the scene work better.

Thee and a half. The action does a good job of hiding the plot holes.

It’s always fun to see places in movies I know pretty well. (Paris and London)

They definitely should have kept Cavill’s identifty secret until the scene with the Secretary, it would have made the scene work better.
I thought they did? He wasn't "outed" until Benji posed as the bad-guy.

Liked this MI a lot -but didn't love it due to a few things that bugged me:

- Why did Solomon Lane hang-around in the camp in the same building as the bomb? Why wouldn't he have gone with Walker and gotten out of there?

- Didn't like the flash-backs. I know these were there to give some meaning/context to Julia for those that don't remember her - but they felt forced and out of place.

- Ilsa's "secrecy" about being there, who she was working for, and her objectives all ended up being a big "meh". We all know she worked for MI:6, so it wasn't any real twist or surprise when she revealed to Nathan that she was trying to get back in good standing with them.

I also feel there is a whole discussion to be had on the trailers for this movie alone and how they gave away big plot points (Lane, Ilsa), but also threw us for a loop in other areas (the bathroom fight scene was made to be between Walker and Hunt - not a 3rd person).

Yes, but only if you picked up on that and you didn't know at that point who he was working for - or that he was Lark.

I disagree, they made a point of showing ‘Lark’s’ phone get smashed and unreadable in the bathroom fight, then Henry hands over a clean one implicating our hero Ethan Hunt.

Last edited:
Saw it today. Still in awe of how Cruise keeps upping the ante with every one of these M:I movies. Didn't care for the original and the second wasn't much better, but from III on they have been absolutely incredible and I'd probably say this is the best one yet. Definitely the kind of film that needs to be seen on the big screen...especially with scenes like the Halo jump and the finale with the helicopter chase.

Saw it today. Still in awe of how Cruise keeps upping the ante with every one of these M:I movies. Didn't care for the original and the second wasn't much better, but from III on they have been absolutely incredible and I'd probably say this is the best one yet. Definitely the kind of film that needs to be seen on the big screen...especially with scenes like the Halo jump and the finale with the helicopter chase.

Thought the film was incredible! Im still in awe from it even though it was a few days ago that I saw it...so yeah I knew Henry's actions in the base jump were basically testing Hunt , seeing how he would react in a high intensity situation, assessing his enemy so to speak.

Why did Solomon Lane hang-around in the camp in the same building as the bomb? Why wouldn't he have gone with Walker and gotten out of there?

He already mentioned that was the end of the road for him... no more running. That was the epitome of his life's work and he wanted to be there when it happened.

Tom Cruise, what a crazy SOB... Another excellent addition to the franchise ! Some of these stunts are not necessarily new, but knowing Tom is actually doing it just elevates it to a whole new level. Watching him pulling himself up on top of that bulding and start limping with his messed up ankle, that's freaking dedication to his craft.

Saw this the other day - not my favourite in the series, but very entertaining none the less. I really hope that make one more, simply to see Cruise throw himself into more ludicrous stunts.

Saw this is IMAX the other day. So worth seeing in IMAX. The stunts were great and Tom did everything. He learned to fly a helicopter just to do the stunt piloting. Crazy.

Did anyone else think for a second the bomb went off? After it fades to white and fades back in on Ethan hanging on, you see a glow in the distance and I thought for a sec, damn he didnt get it! But it was just the sun.

Did anyone else think for a second the bomb went off? After it fades to white and fades back in on Ethan hanging on, you see a glow in the distance and I thought for a sec, damn he didnt get it! But it was just the sun.
Yep, it really threw me for a loop for a couple seconds. Also, evey IMAX theater within 200+ miles of me has seemed to have had it pulled. Where did you see it?

Yep, it really threw me for a loop for a couple seconds. Also, evey IMAX theater within 200+ miles of me has seemed to have had it pulled. Where did you see it?

I saw it at Jordans IMAX in Natick, Mass. It was the last saturday it was being shown. Still there until this Friday.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back